AstroTurf v1.4

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Pegasi, May 27, 2008.

?

Does this map need SMGs added?

1. Yay, more guns! I like guns!

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Its fine the way it is.

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. Killing is bad.

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. DeceitfulPillow

DeceitfulPillow Ancient

Doesn't look bad. I might d/l when I get home but atm I have all 8 active transfer slots taken. I'll tell you what I think after I play.

2. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

well this map does have huge potential and looks pretty good overall. The best thing about this map is the floor. I dont see many maps with floors and when I do I always like to point it out. good job.

3. Smeagle

Smeagle Ancient

I did the review and i didnt even even reply to this map thread yet.
    Well I have to say this was one of the best CQB style map.
    I absolutely L-O-V-E-D it!!!
    But like most people said, it could use a new weapon arrangement.

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Love the pic story Furious, the crotch-nade is pretty classic, u mind if I use those pics when I put up some action shots? I never put then on my posts and need to start, and those are pretty good. Glad to hear you and Neverless enjoyed the map, who was the 3rd guy? And I've never heard of duel of the fates, you'll have to show it to me sometime, how is it set up?

#64 Pegasi, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  5. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

I'm gonna DL this. No doubt, very creative.

6. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

I loved Turf, and this map seems to have captured the spirit of the original quite well. Love it, and I plan to download it once I make some space.

7. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Wow, thanks. This map was inspired by Turf in the most basic sense, a theme and layout, and its nice to hear that someone really gets what I was going for. I must say that the layout is obviously alot more basic and small than Turf. The alleyways are vastly reduced, but if you liked the two perpendicular roads of Turf then I think you'll enoy it on a small scale on this map.

8. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I can honestly say that this is just as good as, if not better than Temple Nights. If you were to set this up for all gametypes (and maybe add a few things that are different in Asymmetric), I'm sure this could get featured. Obviously, if you hit the object limit that would be impossible, but if you haven't I'd reccommend you do so. CQB maps are few and far between these days, and it's good to see a person that can make them competently. I downloaded 1.3 a couple weeks ago, but hopefully 1.4 takes the cake. =D I have it queued and can't wait to play!

9. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I have been toying with the idea of more gametypes actually, and will get on it now that I know others feel it would help. I must admit that Oddball and KotH is a small compliment of gametypes, and want to expand this maps appeal. When I get home this weekend and have my xbox again I will get started. Due to the small nature of this map I want to finetune each gametype and make sure it works perfectly.
    I'm thinking I'm going to try and tailor small CTF and Assault variants, so accompanying gametypes should probably be expected as well. Hope you like the results and I can't say I'd say no to another feature :p

Thanks again for the guide debo, really helped me out and people should really take a look at it when building their maps. Grenade placement is taken all too lightly by some, a big mistake since its one of those factors people only notice when a map is lacking in it, and your advice is right on the money.

10. squ33f

squ33f Ancient

Very nice map indeed, you made all the items seem to be placed be a computer with your accuracy. I would love to see a video of some game play with this map, could possibly be very tactical considering that it is 1v1 or 2v2. Very nice work and keep it up.

11. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Thanks man, obsessive interlocking is what I do, much to the detriment of my University career.
    I too would love to see vids of this map in use from others, if anyone who reads this has a capture card then help making a demo video would be much appreciated.

12. Alienboy117

Alienboy117 Ancient

Looks amazing, incredably clean map.