Assasination

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by T3chnomonkey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

I have this idea for a game... no idea if it would really work. I tried to make it myself but I UberPhailed because I don't know how to properly make game types involving VIPs (apparently), and I don't have the new maps (which would have helped a bit).

So heres my idea:
    There are two teams. One has 25% of the players (or maybe just 1?) and are the assassins. They are equipped with pistols, and can pick up either a trip mine or a flare at their spawn. At the beginning of the game, they find a sneaky place to ambush and hide.

About 20-30ish seconds into the game, a grav-lift spawns and the other team is released. This team consists of a VIP (who has no shields, a magnum, and a checkpoint to alert the assassins of his whereabouts) and the rest of the team: 2-3 players(?more, less??) who act as the VIP's bodyguards. They are equipped with an assault rifle and a shotgun, and have a variety of equipment to choose from.

The VIP moves slowly (50% 75%?) from checkpoint to checkpoint, gain points along the way. If the assassins want to succeed, they will assassinate him before he gains more points they they get for killing him. Killing the VIP would end the round.

I originally tried this map on Epitaph with sequenced checkpoints and lots of stuff to hide behind. I figured that the shield doors would add additional tactics to the game, but I want to know what you guys think.

Opinions?

2. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

sounds good, but i wouldnt do epitaph cuz the doors could kinda be cheap for 1 team or another. considered Last Resort or High Ground and putting alot of cover around that they can hide with, kinda Convoy Tunnel style?

3. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

Yeah High Ground would probably work better, theres more space inside the base to work with... Lots of crates and such would need to be added for cover. It could even extened into one of teh caves...

4. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

i wouldnt make it linear, id say make the VIP have more than 1 possibility were to go, making it harder for the assassins.

5. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

Highground? Pardon me for saying, but are you high? This sounds like it would work well on SANDTRAP! Give the assassins ghosts, but they would need to know when to strategically drop said ghosts to avoid detection. Also, the VIP would then need to be careful to avoid long ranged attacks. This could be epic if the scale is epic large.

6. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

Snowbound would be cool especially if you made the assassins invisable. That way you could see footprints in the snow. Or, I would use the Pit if you don't want them to have camo. The Pit would be fun because of all the ledges etc. for the assassins to jump from.

7. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

Hmm... I'm actually leaning towards The Pit now, assuming it has enough resources (never forged anything there before).

@Kapura
    But should the assassins be given snipers? At that point, I think it would near-impossible to actually do anything to protect the VIP (except to stand in front of him). I like teh idea of ghosts and such, but it wouldn't make sense to give the VIP team vehicles (to easy to avoid fire from a pistol) so they would have to walk long, boring distances. With all the sharp turn/corners in The Pit, I think suspense would be high throughout the game more so.

8. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

Well, you don't make it a start weapon, and then limit the amount of snipers, no respawn, no clips. Then EACH SHOT MUST COUNT. Also, disable headshots, give VIP overshield to give him a fighting chance

The more tactical it must be for the assassins, the better.

9. Grim Effects

Grim Effects Ancient

That Snowprint idea sounds sick. Seeing snowprints slowly walk up to u without seeing the person :squirrel_evil:

But back to subject, u could also consider vanhalla, going thru the caves and the pelican or last resort

10. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

I've actually played something like this. It was really a ton of fun.

Click here

A urban theme would be something that I think would make it really fun. A bunch of buildings for cover 'n stuff.

11. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

Well after reading that it seems the basic premise of my idea has already been used.
    That means I would have to do something very different.... hmmm...

Maybe on Sandtrap... the Assassins get Ghosts, and either attempt a splatter or can try with a pistol (sword maybe?). The bodyguards would get power drainers, gravlifts, etc. Mabye even grav hammer?

The assassin would have to work together. Ex: One would distract the guards by attempting a splatter and they other falls in from above.

12. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Standoff, Rats Nest, or a cool Foundry map variant would be awesome for this.

The new maps are going to be free soon with the Legendary map pack right around the corner.

--dc

13. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

Well, theres already a (supposedly(I can't find out)) very good (similar) version of this on Foundry. I don't really remember the other maps very well based on playing them at a friend's house. A map where there are both large outside areas and inside areas would be best, methinks. Maybe give teh assassins' their pick of vehicle? It would make it more open-ended and force the assassins to formulate their own strategy.

14. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Looks like a good idea............NOW HURRY UP AND GET THE NEW MAPS!!!

15. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Wait, dude... What?

--dc

16. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient