Sandbox Ashes

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by WREX, May 3, 2009.

1. WREX

WREX Ancient

Thanks, but I swear that some people are not reading the posts...

I have tested this map over, and over, and over...and over. These weapons work well on the map.

The gameplay is awesome btw.

2. Trigg

Trigg Ancient

Thats just owned right there, lol.

I played this last night with a group of friends, and it was awesome. I played the Gears of War version just slightly (the multiplayer in that game didn't interest me very much) but it plays awesome in Halo, good job. Definately staying on my HD for a very long time.

3. WREX

WREX Ancient

Thank you so much for actually playing it, and then coming on here to comment about it!

See everyone...it's Grrreat! lol

4. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Gears

Like I posted I never really played gears. Beautiful map, played it with my customs group they loved it. Didn't tell them it was a Gears remake and they recognized it immediately. Tried it as slayer and swat, and it played great. Will try objectives.

ManRayX

SIETCH[​IMG]HAIL MARY[​IMG]SHADOW-ASSAULT[​IMG]

5. CJ firefox

CJ firefox Ancient

Very nice remake, although parts of the map feel and play very different. The bases don't have walls to keep you from falling off the map (which is easier said then done when in the heat of battle) and you loose that enclosed feel you get from Gears 2. The lazers are very overpowered (I suggest replacing them with a brute shot since it's mid-short range with splash damage.

While I see your trying to match the weapons from gears, what needs to be remembered is that you can jump over most of the shoulder height walls.

Sorry for the negative but besides that, everything is forged very nicely and the blocks and platforms are smooth and I had zero problems when playing that map. Very nice forging, I hate it when people tell me I should of built my map on a different level but I do kinda feel this could have been done on the crypt and use kill balls for the middle kill zone sorry had to say it.

While very good, there are parts that can be improved 8/10

6. WREX

WREX Ancient

Thank you for playing. :)

I really wish that the map could have been completely enclosed, but that is where the budget limits us.

And using kill balls would make the map lose some of its LOS(line-of-sight).

And we all know that the look of a kill ball is annoying...

You felt the Lasers were overpowering? How so? One of the only places that they are useful is on the bridge...but they still only have 5 shots, and each of those are NOT a guaranteed kill.

Thank you for your comment, and playing my map. Im glad you liked it.