Sandbox Ascending

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by HunTedMeat, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Col Keller

Col Keller Ancient

you choose a very hard map to remake and you did outstandingly well forging it... the only problem i have is the banshee. And its not your fault... its Bungie's. it was always overpowered and still is overpowered on this map... especially since you don't have your fire and forget rocket launcher...

Other than that you captured ascension perfectly, at least from what i remember, and it looks astonishing on top of that.

2. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

At first I thought this was a jump map, but then it was in competitive, so I checked it out. Turns out to be Ascension. Sandy Ascension :D

Onto the map, this is just about the best remake I've seen (at least of Ascension, lawl), and it looks like it would play just like the orig. (except the equipment and walking slower with the rocket), but still, love the map. I really wish Halo 2 worked, I'd compare these and see if there's any differences.

Aesthetics: 5/5
    Originality: 3/5 (many remakes of Ascension, but Missile Pod gets points)
    Gameplay: 4.5/5 ( Equipment really changes Halo 2)
    Overall:4/5

3. centurionomegai

centurionomegai Ancient

You have a couple dead pictures. Also, I was wondering if you've ever seen the version that One Nondual. I know it was based off of your version, and I think the three of you, using a pallet could greatly improve the map since you wouldn't have issues with maximum object count limit. Your layout of the map is the best I have seen yet, but there are a lot of cracks and problems that would be fixed with a brand new version. It seems like a lot, but a second version always goes a lot more quickly than the first. I always make two when making my own maps. I hope to hear back, happy forging!

4. i can forge

i can forge Ancient

very nice map.. i will download and say more when i get a closer look at the map..

5. ninjabreadman47

ninjabreadman47 Forerunner

Definitely a success! This map reminds me of the fun i had playing ascension with my brother before halo 3.

6. KurmisTheFrog

KurmisTheFrog Forerunner

Is there still that one huge tower that you can only get there by banshee?

7. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

Does anyone think a v2 of this is still necessary? I have been playing Modern Warfare 2 A LOT!!! And I'm trying to get back into forging. If i can get enough people to want a v2 i will start on sketch up. Remember this was my first map I have every made! Hunted Meat really helped me learn how to forge while making this. BUT v2 will have a sketch up so it WILL be 20x better! :) if I get enough people to want a v2 I will talk to hunted meat (haven't talked to him since making this map :( ) and we hopefully put together a GREAT v2 for this..

8. superduper66

superduper66 Ancient

Hmmm one of my good friends is remaking Ascension. We'll have to see who's is better. This is a pretty good remake, nonetheless. Although, I would imagine due to budget, the OS catwalk to the Banshee seems sort of half-assed. Good job with the middle area, though. Definitely important part of the map.

9. Moxus

Moxus Ancient

While most of the map looks really well done, I think the Overshield Walkway really drags Ascending down; in contrast to the incredible aesthetics and construction of the rest of the map, the Overshield Walkway seems elementary and poorly executed. If you could build on the design, or even make it a little more coherent, I think the map would really benefit from the work.

-=Moxus=-