Sandbox Ascending

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by HunTedMeat, Apr 22, 2009.

1. F2P Gametypes

F2P Gametypes Ancient

one more download.
    very nice done.
    looks very clean.
    i will give u closer feedback after i downloaded it later.
    all in all nice map

2. kingstick07

kingstick07 Ancient

compared to the other junk that has been on here of Ascension remakes, this is the best so far
    there might be better in the future, but until then
    5/5

3. PRS

PRS Ancient

wow i have 2 say this looks like the best ascention remake so far ever. very nice job. I especially like the center area (Doesnt spin... sad face) and how ya did it. 5/5 dling very nice job.

-Dylan

4. SpecterCody

SpecterCody Ancient

I really like the looks of this. That central structure is awesome looking. Love how you made grass too for a little atmosphere.

5. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

thanks for the feedback! we have a new main base design that is WAY more accurate to the oringal map. I beleive we will make it for v2 or possible just add a 1.6 =] All the people that say they dont like the base because its not accurate I feel your pain and we have now found out how to make it work with about the same amount of objects, so when it comes out maybe we can earn your DL.

#45 Pixie Dust, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  6. philly100000

philly100000 Ancient

wow the center of the map is awesome this is a really great remake of ascending in halo 2 i love it

7. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

should i post the sketch up of the new main tower?

8. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

Please do.

You're making a v2 of the map?
    Interesting..

9. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

yes to make it more accurate. we are also thinking about coming out with power of tower maybe when the new main base is done. =]

10. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

ok now that i know i have enough objects to make this base design I though i might show the community what we will be working on this week, Hopefully we if hunted can finish his exams lol. We will most definitely have it done and play tested before the 14th for the contest. Why am I talking just look at the sketch up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also with this WAY better design, which is ALMOST like H2, we SAVE 4 objects. We can haz small tower forks!!!! Maybe lol

11. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Wasn't there a wall here
    [​IMG]
    if there wasn't there should be one.

12. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

i was thinking about that too. I will do that for the no compitition 1 because im trying to keep it accurate. In halo 2 i was only a rail and you could shoot ppl coming up the ramp. but thanks for pointing that out. if anymore people think that should be done request please.

13. HunTedMeat

HunTedMeat Ancient

We are also making the map 1-2 boxes higher up for a better rocket spawn.
    However, my exams don't finish till after the 14th so Pixie your in charge of the V2. You shall inherit the map till I'm done. You can go ahead and get another co-forger for the V2 if you need help. Just credit me in the V2 for the original idea. If I can get to the xbox sooner, I will try to help with the map. Good luck, enjoy forging!

PS to Pixie: I will tell you when I free so that we can work on the competitive version.

14. Vanyel37

Vanyel37 Ancient

If you keep the original objects on the map you can place more objects. bungie even said so themselves here and please make a budget glitched version. this is an amazing map, but I would appreciate the long slanted towers that were so cool looking in the original.

15. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

we will use all the orinigal objects and for hunted are you wanting me to make a v2 for the contest??? im lost?

#55 Pixie Dust, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  16. HunTedMeat

HunTedMeat Ancient

Not V2 for the contest, Just a V2 or a perfected version to submit to atlas, you know....for a better chance of the map getting into matchmaking. I'll just submit V1.5/6 for the contest. I might be able to get on tomorrow but seeing that I'm not in your time zone, I will have to forge alone. Unless you want to be on at Oh I don't know........... 4-7:30 am. No? I sure as hell won't! I need sleep! I'm not nocturnal like some people out there.... Thats the reason I don't go to TGIF's unless I am really free or so juiced up on coffee that I don't realize that it's too freakin early to be on the xbox.

EDIT: Please don't use the original objects, they glitch too often as well as the fact that they don't interlock properly all the time. If you want to use any thing from the original map, Use the original spawns and weapons. Those RARELY glitch and I already have a canvas map with those specifications. I think......my memory currently escapes me. (as it seems to do more often now a days. I blame this on cramming for exams.)

#56 HunTedMeat, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  17. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

yes i know i only use the stuff i dont iterlock that often. blue/red collums, lights, tunnels, etc.

18. Pel

Pel Ancient

This is the greatest Ascension remake to date! Great job Pixie Dust and HunTedMeat on a great map. This is a truly amazing remake of a truly amazing map, and this should be accepted by the Atlas. The Center Dish is a wonderful reminder of those Halo 2 days. The bases are also perfectly forged and imitate the real Ascension. The only way that there would be a Halo 3 map that was a better remake of Ascension was if Bungie themselves built a brand new map. I'm crossing my fingers for Citadel...

Rating:
    Aesthetics: 5/5
    Gameplay: 4.5/5
    Overall: 4.8/5
    Review Updated. Now complete.

#58 Pel, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  19. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Ancient

thanks. i hope to god bungie releases a remake of this map it would kick major ass in halo 3 team snipers. ;)

20. Th3Bl4ckKn1ght

Th3Bl4ckKn1ght Ancient

This looks amazing!! Will DL right away.