Sandbox Ascendancy

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Sheepe, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Sheepe

Sheepe Ancient

History:
    This map started 2 years ago with a very simple concept. "There is a tube going down in SandBox. What can I do with this?" I quickly decided that going down was fairly silly, cause everybody did that. But what about going up? And thus Ascendancy was born.

While the 2 years might sound impressive, I've really only put in maybe 30-40hours of work. Which, unfortunately, shows in the some of the forge work. Plus, I finished this in November. So yeah, I'm lazy. Onwards to the map!

Map Goodness:
    The downstairs is setup as a maze, less complex than hoped due to budget constraints, but it should be sufficient to provide some action. In each corner is a simple base for each of the four teams that can play. Each base also contains a sniper rifle, mostly to keep people from running on the walls. Additionally, not all the walls spawn in beginning, giving everybody easier access to the center. And to each other.

In the center is the lift that will fling you heavenward. This defining feature of the map will launch you skyward and into the sky box arena. However, the grav lift takes 30 seconds to spawn. The teleporter at the top of the lift will randomly fling you out of one of the four exit tubes up high. Be warned, however, that there is little cover and no weapons up in the air.

On Asymmetric Game types (One Flag, One Bomb etc.) four chainguns will spawn near the center after 30 seconds.

There is also a random teleporter to take you back down, underneath the center platform. It will spit you out somewhere on the edge corridor of the basement.

Weapons:
    Sniper Rifle x4
    Battle Rifle x4
    Assault Rifle x4
    SMG x4
    Mauler x2
    Magnum x2
    Needler x1
    Sword x 1
    Brute Shot x1
    Shotgun x1
    Mauler x1
    Sentinel Beam x1
    Chaingun (asymmetric only) x4

Equipment:
    Regenerator
    Power Drainer
    Radar Jammer
    Frag Grenades x4
    Plasma Grenades x2
    Spike Grenades x2

Gametypes:
    Just about anything can be played on it. However, with most symmetric games, I would recommend avoiding going up the lift.

Pictures:

Overview
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Base (The Bunker)
    [​IMG]

Red Base (The Fort)
    [​IMG]

Green Base (The Crater)
    [​IMG]

Orange Base (The Tower)

[​IMG]

The Lift

[​IMG]

High in the Sky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    I have never been able to test this map out. I don't have enough friends who play Halo. Unfortunately, I've had to balance by best guess. I've considered reducing the chainguns to two as well as possibly adding a bubble shield or rocket launcher/fuel rod gun.
    Please give me feedback so I can try to improve it.

2. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

looks pretty good. just wondering, how do you get from down there, to up there?
    and im willing to test, if you want

3. Sheepe

Sheepe Ancient

Teleporters. There is one sender and four recievers in each direction for a bit of randomness

4. Permanent a Marker

Permanent a Marker Forerunner

As a pro mlg map maker once said "where you can have one spawn, you can have seven." I suggest you implement this as well as follow the rules of spawning. 1) You should always spawn facing towards something of importance i.e. (teleporter, objective, power weapon, team base, etc.). 2) You should be able to walk in a straight line from the spawn for 3 seconds without running into anything.

Suggestion: Take a look at your spawns. Other than that good job : )

5. Sheepe

Sheepe Ancient

I'll think about adding more spawns. I had already added 3 for every point I thought needed one or two. Additionally, because it's a maze, being pointed in the direction of something useful or being able to walk for three seconds isn't really possibly. Or rather, is beyond my fathoming. Thanks for the feedback!