As Night Falls

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Adamaro23, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Adamaro23

Adamaro23 Ancient

Prepare yourselves for...
    As Night Falls

As Night Falls is a varient of Ghost Town created for infection that features merging, time-based events, and a scavenger hunt aspect.​

This is where humans initially spawn, along with;​

1 Battle Rifle
    1 Shotgun
    1 Flamethrower
    2 Magnums
    2 SMGs
    1 Trip Mine
    3 Flares
    4 Firebomb Grenades​

None of these weapons have extra clips except the SMGs, each of which have 1 extra clip. Also no weapons, grenades, or equipment ever respawn on the map with the exception the these three flares. As the game progresses it gets darker and flares prove useful, 90 seconds into the game they will respawn so later in the game, if you dare, you can make a trip back to the starting building to pick up more flares.
    [​IMG]

As the game progresses it changes from day, to evening, to night:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The map features three "Main Forts" this one has been referred to as "the cramped fort"
    [​IMG]
    It has a main door, and a secret entrance.​

This next one many consider to be unsafe, due to it having three entrances.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has 1 Flare and 1 Magnum located within.​

And this is the third fort (my personal favorite), many refer to it as "the shack" which I believe is appropriate. It has 1 Frag Grenade, 1 Firebomb Grenade, and 1 Magnum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Due do all weapons (aside from starting) not having extra clips, you may run out of ammo. But don't worry, like I said the map has a scavenger hunt aspect, there is a good variety of weapons, equipment, and grenades hidden about. I won't tell you where they are located but here's a list:​

4 Battle Rifles
    1 Shotgun
    1 Assault Rifle
    1 Sniper Rifle
    1 Trip Mine
    1 Firebomb Grenade
    2 Spike Grenades​

Here's a pic showing one of the BRs and the flame grenade.
    [​IMG]

And here's some action pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just to say a little about the gametype, humans start with Shotguns and Magnums, no Grenades, and 150% gravity. Also humans have no radar. Humans are white.​

Zombies Start with Energy Swords, Alpha Zombie has normal 25m radar, and normal zombies have normal radar but only 10m. Zombies also have 75% gravity. Zombies are black.​

Many, many people have played this and i'd like to thank the people who helped me playtest this extensivly;​

JLR777
    Takedown777
    Dark Warrior8
    navy seal1086
    ShadowMaster621
    maffro
    SEPHEROITH
    Adamaro23(1)​

Here's the map: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    And here's the Gametype: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

!!!!! And now here's the updated map: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    In this updated version (which I like better), the map is the same except for respawn times on scenery. The "Shack" doesn't get "built" for 60 seconds, the "cramped fort" gets finished just before the last filter comes on, and the fort located in the middle building isn't entirely barricaded for 120 seconds. Due to this i've experienced extremely different gameplay, when humans used to run out onto the map heading for a fort as soon as the round began, with this new version humans have been staying in the main starting building and fend off zombies until they think a fort has been "constructed" and head out. Or the humans head out immediately and camp around the areas where a fort will be built, and take shelter from it while it's being built.

More or less what it comes down to is earlier in the round you (the humans) just arrived here in town and it's not safe to continue during the night so you decide to start setting up shelters/forts to stay protected until sunrise. As the round progresses and darkness falls more forts are constructed, some getting done before others. three minutes into the round all the forts are assembled. It is very fun, and I reccomend it to anyone who enjoyed the original version. I thought I had finally perfected my map that's why I finally posted it here on Forgehub, but as far as i'm concerned, this IS the perfected version.​

Let me know what you think :)

#1 Adamaro23, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
    Andizee and IPokeNinjas like this.
  2. Bacon Luvr

Bacon Luvr Ancient

this looks ingenious. awesome gametype and map. this will go great with all my friends and i

3. Jakattak418

Jakattak418 Ancient

i like this map does it get darker over time cause thats cool i like this it looks fun so ya nice job

4. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Wow, absolutely incredible. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I am going to download a forged version of Ghost Town. First I liked the idea of it getting darker, then I liked the idea of human points being enforced as time goes on, then, I just loved the way the bases looked.

5. Jackalman

Jackalman Ancient

feature worthy perhaps, no infection maps have been featured for a while

6. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

absoloutly super awesome!!! there is only one thing i have to say that is not approving to this map. it is the fact that maps like this have been done before. but it still super fun with cool with the shak

7. browniekillyou

browniekillyou Ancient
    Banned

i dont know why but i never thought this good of a map could be created on this map. just thought it was a bad forge map but i was wrong

8. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

looks good, but i have seen a lot of maps like this. as a matter of fact,i forged one a while back, but never posted it. anyway, the only thing i see that may pose some problem is that there may be too many weapons. are the respawn times and spare clips changed at all? if so, then never mind. because there's nothing that i hate more than people who load up the map with a giant pile of weapons on instant respawn or something. anway, looks good. 4/5.

EDIT: never mind about the weapons, i didnt read. sorry. i guess im a little lazy when it comes to that...

9. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I like the shack I wish I had used that in my map that I made On ghost Town it looks good overall. Good job I'm happy to see other people are making use of the filters :)

10. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

the idea has been done before, yes, but ot like this. this is absolutely incredible looking, and i don't think i have ever seen a ghost town map like this one

11. WhiskyPete

WhiskyPete Guest

I think this looks cool how dark does it get though?

12. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

this is one of the better nightfall type i have seen good job

13. TehOne

TehOne Ancient

Lol that's awesome. It was a good idea to have the game get darker over time. That was very smart. 5/5

14. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

looks cool but armory's=not a great idea

15. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

whats cool about this map is the forts
    their not perfect like most of us try to make, but they look like a REAL fort would
    with the messey doors and rooms, you captured this really really good

16. freelancer404

freelancer404 Ancient

How'd you get it to become darker over time?

17. Kittycatwitcowboyhat

woooooaahhh! thats sooo cool the way it turns from day to night! i wana try to make one myself

18. Forge Monster

Forge Monster Ancient

Wow! It looks really creepy and well thought out! I'd be weird seeing their swords in the dark and you're trying to hide in a broken down place. This is probally one of the best infection maps I've seen.

19. underground867

underground867 Ancient

Underground867

awesome map, needs more weapons, love the layout, espicially the map turning from day to night

20. CommanderA17

CommanderA17 Ancient

Cool map, for once I think an armory (oh god) is balanced...I guess...