Artifact

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Calimar, May 20, 2011.

1. Calimar

Calimar Ancient

2. Sugar

Sugar Forerunner

The map looks balanced but personally, it is just way too simple. Aesthetics are going to help make maps more fun because gameplay is a first with a good looking map being a second. It grabs a person's attention and it is kinda like the clothes you wear, they may be comfy but they gotta look good on you. I am not saying you are a bad forger, but you got to be creative with your maps and not stack buildings together and expect people to be impressed. On the bright side, you have a good mix of cover and range which is pretty difficult to manage. I hope you don't take this as an insult because it is not. You just got to work your way up is all. Keep working on it and it will pay off.

3. Calimar

Calimar Ancient

Thanks for the advice. I don't take offense at all, I completely understand what you're getting at, and it makes sense because when I made this map I didn't have anything in mind, I just started stacking pieces together until I made something that I thought worked well. I'll try to pay more attention to aesthetics.

4. water x maniac

water x maniac Forerunner

it kinda reminds me of prisinor from halo ce. nice map

5. Sgt Surchin

overall this look pretty cool man but i do have to say that you could maybe add a little more to the aesthetics, if budget-permits it

6. raexe

raexe Forerunner

Looks very good in terms of gameplay.
    Although just like the other members said: It's just looks like just stacked buildings randomly together. Aesthetics will really help to to your map.
    And I also see no point for those man cannons.

But overall, good job man!

7. Calimar

Calimar Ancient

The man cannons are there to launch players through the sword cage.

And I had a ton of budget left over, I just didn't pay much attention to the aesthetics. Obviously that was a mistake.