Armageddon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Draw the Line, Mar 7, 2009.

1. MovieGame

MovieGame Ancient

This is fun! I played it a lot of times with my friends. 4/5

2. Canti

Canti Ancient

Nice.

Looks amazing. Too bad I don't have the Mythic maps yet. ; - ;

3. Orange Soda King

I really can't wait for my parents to drive me to Radio Shack. I'll get the Mythic Map Packs and DL this (promise!), but I don't know who else would play it. Hit me up with a FR, I'm totally game for this. I think I'll have the MMP by the.
    Gamertag --> McCollumizer.

4. waffle1313

waffle1313 Ancient

Awwwwww cool this map looks like fun I'm gonna download, play, and get crushed by loads of falling debris.

5. KilerG

KilerG Ancient

This is a great idea. This is a new version of like a bunch of falling fusion coils, but it's way cooler. Who doesn't want to watch their enemies be splattered? This looks like a lot of fun. Definitely a download, probably a 4 or 5 out of 5.

6. Moltenslowa

Moltenslowa Ancient

This is definitely a unique map!

While I didn't play the gametype yet, I did forge around on the map itself with friends, and it was the most fun I've had in a forge game in a long time.

We ended up deleting all the pillars on the map, and then we all started to line up at red base. We played the most epic game of Spartan leapfrog straight across the map to blue base.

So Armageddon, king of the hill map, or best leapfrop ever?!? map?

(Try leapfrog on this map with 4-8 people.)

7. D R A N C Y

D R A N C Y Ancient

Wow this was amazing, I had so much fun playing the map and gametype. i love the idea and you pulled it off amazingly, you are definately my favourite forger, and always impress.

8. II cyanide II

II cyanide II Ancient

Origional well thaugh out and fun as hell! it makes camping impossible and is great fun! 5/5 very origional having the falling objects, looks well thaught out and a great map overall

#28 II cyanide II, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. RidleyXX45

RidleyXX45 Ancient

Very well done. I enjoyed playing on it.

10. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

I downloaded this and played it and it is a lot of fun. It is very chaotic, and a lot of people get splattered. It is really funny to watch your friends get 'sploded! You also made it very well and the column grid works really well. I don't know whether the FX makes it better or worse though. I guess I don't really have an opinion on the FX. The gameplay is great though and that's mainly what matters. You did a fantastic job with this though. Good job.

11. Ginja Ninja

Ginja Ninja Ancient

Sweet map LOL i always get splattered extremly fun plus its creative

12. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

you scare me yet again with your genious. to bad i cant play sandbox for some reason. oh well off to my neighbors house to play and eat his food and stuff.

13. LieutenantLambo

LieutenantLambo Forerunner

~Review~

Few ideas are better in reality than on paper, and this map seems to defy that. You took a well-executed idea, simple idea that you accomplished with the help of the new items provided to you (Killballs, etc.). It's a pick-up and play game without any learning curves. Basically, it's awesome.

Gameplay:

A simple game like this without the use of any falling objects (just columns) would probably result in a mediocre map, but adding in the hills with timed movements, gravity hammers, energy swords, and falling vehicles trying to kill you, I'd say it's an original mini-game that I look forward to playing. A version two with more scenery and better use of objects would not dissapoint. 9/10

Looks:

Looks can further compliment a great map and pictures are usually the deciding point, which is probably why most maps get hurled to the dark, spider-infested back of ForgeHub. I can assure you that even though looks don't affect this map as much as others, I can sure feel the feeling that is trying to be given to me. You're trying to dodge random falling objects and the other team, trying to prevail when all is against you (well, it's not as hard as it sounds). Still, aesthetics help, which is why I gave the score what it is. Although the lights and structure in the back is a nice touch. 4.5/10

Conclusion:

If you are contemplating whether or not to add this map to your collection, be aware that two spots of your hundred will not be wasted. This is truly the definition of a simple, uncomplicated, fun map.

[​IMG]

inb4 you are amazing LieutenantLambo, only you could have necrobumped a thread made a year ago

#33 LieutenantLambo, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  14. mooman219

mooman219 Forerunner

This map was posted more then a year ago? Thats the slowest most in depth review ever.