MLG Argon

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by menotyou135, Jan 17, 2011.

1. menotyou135

menotyou135 Ancient

DOWNLOAD

[​IMG]

Equipment on the map:

1x Sniper (2:00)
    1x Evade
    1x Grenade launcher (2:00)
    1x Camo (2:00 Not at start)
    4x plasma
    1x jetpack
    4x frag grenades
    1x plasma pistol
    Various magnums, DMRs, and NRs on the map.

This map has been in the works for quite a while. It started as an inspiration of chill out drawn up on a piece of notebook paper and has taken off from there. I wanted a small room based asymmetric to work in this game, without the game turning into a spamm-fest. The map has a central atrium with various rooms around it. Trying to control the atrium and force spawning the other team at the low side of the map is essential, though often quite difficult. It is setup for Slayer, territories, oddball, and one flag (I didn't bother with two flag since it is an asym). Personally, I recommend oddball and slayer because that is what the map was mainly designed for. There are two areas to playball. In the purple room, there is a deathpit to toss the ball in, and at the low side, there is a window that you can play-ball through (people who have seen transit will know where the inspiration for that came from).

Snipe spawns in the middle of the map on a little edge. Tip, you can nade it down to yourself if you are on the low part of the map. Sniping is not overpowered on this map because the LOS are not long, and it is hard to lock down any individual part of the map due to how many routes a player can take.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who helped with this map. Shout-outs to Sethiroth, Polish, Levvi, Donny, bunniesz, dawkins (I think he also helped with this map), Mac, Andy, and anyone else who helped or gave feedback. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to add as many stuntramps as I wanted to.

Please feel free to be as critical with your feedback as possible.

DOWNLOAD

#1 menotyou135, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I like the style of this map. The room-to-room combat looks to be real fun. I like how you used the wall corner things as a room divider. Its a very good map, however, I've noticed a few imperfections you could easily fix with a quick forge edit. Take this one for example: [​IMG]
    in the are I circled, the ramp isn't aligned with the adjacent ramp, this is an easy fix. Hopefully I helped a little, but I really do like the look of the map dog.

3. menotyou135

menotyou135 Ancient

Yeah... I noticed that after I posted the map '~'.

I will fix it in the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Fixed

#3 menotyou135, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  4. JGarb

JGarb Forerunner

Map overall is pritty good. I like the aesthetics, and the colors on the walls. Thanks for editing those imporfections, map is worth a download now. Good job

JGarb Forge