Areydrium

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DrAyMeHr, Jun 10, 2008.

1. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Areydrium
    Have a Brawl on this enclosed area. Works well with Slayer, Oddball and KOTH gametypes. 2-12 players. Be prepared

Download Map

Description:

This is a map i've been working on for quite some time now, it is a great map to play on and looks very aesthetic. It is an enclosed arena with a platform above it, this is where the sword spawns. Also, there are four firebombs located on this platform which spawn after 180 sconds with the sword. Below the floor is a straight tunnel where spike grenades, a shotgun and a grav lift spawn after 30 seconds, this is also where the ball can spawn on oddball and there is hill located there for king of the hill.

I have also added some aesthetic quality towards my map by interlocking objects and adding symbols on the walls. I have a ramp with railings and a wall that people can run along and use it as a BR spot or sniping spot, however there are fusion coils located on the wall, so be prepared for an explosion.

I have used timed events for weapon spawns like the sword spawns 180 seconds into the game along with its surrounding firebomb grenades. Also, if you fall down the tunnel at the start of the game, you have to wait until the match is 30 seconds in progress untill you can get out.

Weapons list:
    6x Battle rifles
    4x Covenant carbines
    8x Assualt rifles
    2x Sniper rifles
    1x Shotgun
    1x Sword
    1x Rocket launcher (two shots and your out)
    1x Needler

Grenades and equipment
    10x Spike grenades
    4x Plasma grenade
    6x Firebomb
    2x Flare
    2x Radar Jammer
    1x Bubble shield
    1x Regenerator
    1x Grav lift

I know this makes the map sound a bit full, but they are placed in nice locations and spawn at different times, so there is never a HUGE amount of weapons and equipment on the map, besides, this makes it CHAOTIC!!! xD

Finally, i'd like to say that on this map it is possible to be hit by a street cone, as these are located near all of the fusion coils. There has been a lot of interlocking done to create smooth surfaces and added aesthetic quality, now for some screens;

Overview
    [​IMG]

The ramp and aesthetics
    [​IMG]

Sword spawn platform
    [​IMG]

Tunnel beneath the floor
    [​IMG]

The lift to the sword spawn
    [​IMG]

Now for the gametype pics

Oddball (our variant; Godball)
    [​IMG]

King of the hill
    [​IMG]

And finally... slayer!
    [​IMG]

Oh and be prepared for people spawning all around you, the battle doesnt stop. ^^ have fun

Please comment and rate this map

Areydrium V2: Now in testing stage. 6-12 players needed. Anyone wanting to test this map and explore it should send me an in-game message saying - "Forgehub, testing AreyV2" - My gamertag is DrAyMeHr, there may be many people wanting to test so don't be offended if you don't get picked

In the V2 post i will be quoting your comments, to show how it has been improved. If you don't want your message to be quoted send me a private message... thanks

Could a Forgehub moderator please lock this thread (if you read this) as soon as i release V2, but leave the thread there, i will post a link here on V2. Just lock the comments please

#1 DrAyMeHr, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. PureCallum

PureCallum Ancient

I'm going to download, it looks very clean and well made.

3. Minoraptor

Minoraptor Ancient

Dude u must have spent forever making this. this is forging at its highest levels. love the railings

4. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

I'm really liking those rails...*steals*, looks a tad small.

5. mastercon46

mastercon46 Ancient

Wow this looks cool i'll download it if i have the space

6. shadow3589

shadow3589 Ancient

Love your forging ability.
    Plus looks like a fun little map fpr pwning your mates
    You have my DL

7. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Dude, this looks really good, but I don't see a lot of cover besides the crate and doors, which are pushed up against a wall.

8. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

Great idea and very clean; however, it would be nice to have a weapons list. The map looks small so it seems the sword might be a little over powering, but great job, can't wait to test it out. Looks fun for 1v1! The railings look a tad messy and as Zander said, not a whole lot of cover. Maybe make a V2 or 1.1 and fix that up?

#8 Speed-e-cake, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  9. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

this looks awsome, very neat and well put tog2ther. looks good for 1v1 or 2v3

10. Fillmore Roy

Fillmore Roy Ancient

This looks really well done, so you've earned a DL from me, not that it's anything special. I'll run around in Forge for a bit, then I'll come back here and add my thoughts to this post.

EDIT: The pics make the map seen much larger than it really is. This is an extremely small map, so small that FFA Hammerzeit or FFA Rockets would end in about 2 or 3 minutes. Despite the fact that the map is so small, the aesthetic detail is amazing. The window panel and fence wall railings are a nice touch, as are the powerups on the top of the level.

The map is inescapable under normal conditions, even though the walls can be jumped over with the use of a sticky-'nade-jump. Since there are no stickies on the map, only spike 'nades, this map is inescapable. Any attempt to escape will result in a suicide or loss of shields. However, one can fly over the walls in Forge mode.

End of the day, this is a good map for small party FFA games. Good job.

#10 Fillmore Roy, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  11. xBeLikeChris

xBeLikeChris Ancient

This looks really chaotic, I'll give it a try.

12. Private_Vivi

Private_Vivi Ancient

My favorite part about the map is the aesthetics. Nice work! The little ramp railings is soo cool.

13. Lem0nades

Lem0nades Ancient

Looks really well made. I'll DL.

14. d3adly ninja

d3adly ninja Ancient

awesome map. really like all the little details you added in to make it perfect. Will deffinitly download. great map 5/5

15. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

The railings are magnificent, the interlocking perfect, the ground smooth, and the star stunning. 5/5, win to the epic...est degree!

16. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

dang the asthetics are tight man, u must have worked your butt off for that lol

17. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Thanks for all the comments guys, and yeah, i did work very hard on this map lol, i was thinking of making a V2 after i'd had some comments, but for now its just a little map to have a fun chaotic match on =D

18. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

Nice map did you combined it with the fllor cause it looks like it or is it in the air

19. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

these are my absolute favorite types of maps, so you've definately earned my download. on an unfortunate note, the map im working on also had railings. i may or may not keep them at this point, as i was trying to stray away from copying everyone elses ideas.

4.3/5

great job!

20. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

hey dude its not copying if you had the idea before the post, sorry if i steered you away from it =(