Areydrium V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DrAyMeHr, Jun 18, 2008.

1. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Map Title: Areydrium V2
    Areydriums back! But improved! Have a Brawl on this enclosed area. Works well with Slayer, Oddball and KOTH gametypes. 2-12 players. Be prepared

<<Download Map>>
    <<Link To Areydrium V1 Post>>

Description:
    Hey... I know its been a while since my last post. Revising for my GCSE Statistics and all. But i'm back! And this is the new and improved version of my older map: Areydrium. This is an arena based map but can also be used for certain team gametypes (listed later on).

It is a great map to play on and looks very aesthetic. It is an enclosed arena with a platform above it, this is where the sword spawns. Also, there are firebombs located on this platform which spawn after timed intervals with the sword. Below the floor is a straight tunnel where spike grenades, a shotgun and a grav lift spawn after 30 seconds, this is also where the ball can spawn on oddball and there is hill located there for king of the hill.

I have also added some aesthetic quality towards my map by interlocking objects and adding symbols on the walls. I have a ramp with railings and a wall that people can run along and use it as a BR spot or sniping spot, however there are fusion coils located on the wall, so be prepared for an explosion.

Gametypes supported:
    • FFA Slayer
    • Team (up to 4 teams) Slayer
    • FFA Oddball
    • Team (up to 4 teams) Oddball
    • FFA King of the Hill
    • Team (up to 4 teams) King of the Hill
    Weapons list:
    4x Battle rifles
    2x Covenant carbines
    4x Assualt rifles
    2x Sniper rifles
    1x Shotgun
    1x Sword
    1x Rocket launcher (Spare clips: ZERO)

Grenades and equipment
    6x Spike grenades
    4x Plasma grenade
    4x Firebomb
    2x Flare
    2x Radar Jammer
    1x Bubble shield
    1x Regenerator
    1x Grav lift

This may seem like a lot of weapons (again) but i have removed some from the older version. The weapons spawn on Timed intervals so they are not always on the map at the same time

I have Added more cover, like small rooms and interlocked fence walls (near the change in height)

I have performed rennovations =P and now the railings are much neater as well as some other aspects (walls and such)

Well here it is:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, i've deleted some weapons and nades, there is now no needler and the rocket contains only two shots. The weapons spawn at timed intervals so it should be alright now

It is now Inescapable (well i've tried, and in testing nobody could get out) I have Death barriers to assure that nobody gets out (seen on pics)

And now for the bit you all love... Screenshots!!

Overview
    [​IMG]

Overview 2
    [​IMG]

Death Barriers
    [​IMG]

Sword Spawn
    [​IMG]

Tunnel
    [​IMG]

Now for some Gameplay Pics
    [​IMG]

Gameplay 2
    [​IMG]

Gameplay 3
    [​IMG]

This map has been forged, tested, pondered, forged, tested, pondered some more, forged, tested, released!

I'd just like to point out that this map was tested by 10 people altogether. All of the gameplay screenshots are of this FFA slayer match. Please be aware though that oddball and KOTH gametypes can be played. I hope you have fun playing my new map. BE PREPARED!!!

#1 DrAyMeHr, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Snip3rs Creed

Snip3rs Creed Ancient

This map looks asthetically pleasing, though I have to say it looks like A LOT is going on, also, it appears that you may be able to escape the map... have you had it tested?

3. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

this map looks very well made and has good interlocking. good job!

4. De5troy999

De5troy999 Ancient

Those window pannel railings caught me right when I saw them.

Great map dude, keep it up!

5. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I definitely remember this map from that ramp. The new version looks great. DLing now

6. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Hey, thanks for the quote. I remember this map. I'll give it a download now that you updated it.

7. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Its a shame... people don't read.. Maybe i should embolden that for you. I have tested it many times

8. XBlackDarknessX

XBlackDarknessX Ancient

nice map it was creative how you used the window pannels for rails

9. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

looks pretty cool, i like the idea of the ramp box with handholds/rails. very creative ill check it out

10. Snip3rs Creed

Snip3rs Creed Ancient

Didn't feel like like reading all of the little sections at the top so I just skimmed them... Trying to give constuctive feedback, and I read you've tested it but are the grav lifts that prevent you from escaping the map on instant respan so people cant just shoot them and get out?

11. Make a map

Make a map Ancient

Your sig is classic

ON TOPIC: A very complex map by the look of things i will have to play before i rate it but its looking good. I like how you have interlocked the window panels in to the box to make it look like bannisters.

12. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Its very, colorful! Haha, I noticed the top the power up merging makes it seem kinda cartoony. I like it but it doesn't feel like Halo to me you know? But if you take all that out I look at it and go, my god, this map is freaking amazing! so well merged (love the railings) and there are very few hints of Foundry on this as well (the original). Altogether I would give this a 4/5 or 9/10 if you want a more specific point system. Excellent map, keep up the great work! Happy forging!
    ~Randle $candal

13. doughboy530

doughboy530 Ancient

14. sheepdog136

sheepdog136 Ancient

looks pretty steller

15. silentPERFECT

silentPERFECT Ancient
    Banned

hmm i shall test this inescapable map for escapability... if thats a word :) this looks alot better than v1 5/5

16. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ok, im going to give you the honest truth of what i think about this map. It looks really neat and nicely forged. however, i reeaaally question gameplay on this. it looks like one of those arenas where your just not stop shooting with an AR the whole time. the tunnel tho sort of takes away from the arena feel but its still an arena in my opinion. maps like this always have spawn issues as well. i really wish you could've added more to the map, such as some rooms and tunnels in the back, or maybe a second level. so im gonna have to give you a 3/5...

RECAP: looks really nice but does not play well (from my opinion from the pics, can't fully judge til i actually play) if i end up DLing this after i clear up space i'll come back with some more elaborate feedback

17. CottonMckenzie

CottonMckenzie Ancient

I love the attention to detail. I especially like the railings on the ramp.

18. Rose Red

Rose Red Ancient

I really enjoy the design it looks really packed with weapons though not sure that was a good idea. Other than that 5/5

19. silentPERFECT

silentPERFECT Ancient
    Banned

Hehehehe The Masta Has Escaped! Mwahahahaha! O And I Got On The Top With The Oversheild,active Camo,and The Custom Power Up! Mwhahaha!

20. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Thanks for the comments. At all those people who think this is boring for gameplay. It's not. This map was designed to be an arena for people to have games on, if you believe theres too many weapons, theres not, they spawn at timed intervals and if your playing with 4 or more people, everyone can have a different weapon, which makes it more fun and variable. There aren't any spawn issues (that i know of) as most of the spawners are neutral, so theres no guessing where people will spawn.

From what i know, you can't get out of the map. If you can, please tell me how and i will fix it up.