Are You a Merging Freak?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iArctiK, Aug 6, 2008.

1. iArctiK

iArctiK Ancient

Although sometimes unneccessary, I find myself often merging every single object that is mergeable. I like having the map as smooth as possible, merging every little detail as perfect as I can.

Anybody else find themselves being merge-aholics?

2. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

yup, i am with u! it just makes me feel good inside lol.

3. X5

X5 Ancient

I would consider most people on this forum that XD

4. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

While making the map, I only merge when I need to. If I have enough objects and budget when I am done, I will merge anything else I would need to to make my map look good. same for interlocking.

#4 DimmestBread, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  5. EGP

EGP Ancient

Actually I dont, I have tried one million times to merge immovable objects with map geometry and read all the tutorials but still cant do it.
    But when I interlock it has to look very clean to me lol

6. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

In my maps that i make now, I try to interlock and/or geo-merge every structure I make. It can be a lengthy job but doing so puts you a league ahead of other peoples maps. I've found that interlocking and geo-merging highly improve a maps popularity.

7. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

Interlocking and geomerging, since I've figured them out, have been like bread and butter with my maps. Even a simple map like my upcoming Claustrophobia (last map I'll publish before going back to school, where XBox Live will only be able to happen for a map pack or similar release) is flooded with Interlocking. Note, I generally try to shy away from geomerging unnecessarily, but its simplicity with the doors method has opened a wide variety of options to me that had previously gone un-thought-of. Remakes of my old maps will be sure to incorporate the two methods to further enhance gameplay (and aesthetics).

And Hazza is spot on when he says that interlocking and geomerging will enhance a map's popularity. ^_^

8. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Ya, mostly I do, but sometimes not when I feel it's not neccesary.

9. xxBRYTExx

xxBRYTExx Ancient

yea i havent forged in a while but all of my most recent maps are completly merged. if u are running u should keep bouncing around cuz thats stupid. i am acctually thinking about posting a map i made months ago that in my opinion is beast. it is completly merged