Archeopterix

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Cosmic Rick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

wow, looks great. One of the better Avalanche Cave Maps.
    Are the double boxes colour coded, or was that luck that they were like that in the pic.
    I love all of the interlocking and merging shown, it looks very well made.
    Looks like it'd provide some awesome FFA slayer games.
    I love the feel of the cave. Its dark, empty, almost perfect for Forging.

2. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I never did figure out what you were referring to. But if I were to complain about something, it would be the light barriers behind the plasma turret and way below it. They are a little distracting, and I don't understand why they are there.

Also, how does one reach the plasma turret? I had to do a very difficult jump from the highest ledge (with the power core) in order to get there. Am I missing something?

3. FordCalvin

FordCalvin Ancient
    Banned

Ya, me too! I have never really liked any of the maps built from walls and boxes in the ice cave, but this one looks really nice. Also why does that one wall turn out light blue.

4. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Ancient

Very well done. looks alot better than other maps i have seen built in that area.

5. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

I'm really not sure how I got the color scheme I did. There's also a double box up top that's a very deep green (I think) that you don't usually see, and a single box that's black. It's just the ambient lighting in the cave as far as I know, but I got pretty lucky and it doesn't look as dumb as it could have.

The light barriers are there to give the map a little illumination around the defensive base. I just like the way they looked sandwiching the opening/man-cannon. The plasma turret area requires either quick teamwork jumps from the defending team or the VERY difficult jump from the top. It's more aesthetic than functional, though, and it never respawns if destroyed.

6. RoflcopterSoiSoiSoi

Banned

Wow. Cosmic your maps are great! I love the merged watchtower thing in the corner. Especially because of the little slope you can run up. But I think the bottom doesn't flow too well. W/e. Great map! 5/5

7. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

games like this on avalanch are always different from those on foundry. (both good) maybe bungie will make a new map like foundry with more solid objects. good map.

8. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

9. Own3dyoo

Own3dyoo Ancient

thats pretty sick 5/5

10. Sk84lyfe13

Sk84lyfe13 Ancient

simply amazing leaving to Cosmic Rick to make the most AMAZING maps. just like Pallet Parade.very well done 5/5

11. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

first time i plpayed this was in TGIF and i honestly think this is the best map ive ever played. a def 5/5