Arcadia

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Chipsinabox, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Nonono. This isn't some Bioshock remake, so don't get any ideas. This Arcadia, for lack of a better word, I will describe this map as "unique", because it has no similarities to other maps, no knock-offs, no gimmick interlocks, no stupid unoriginal aesthetic touches. This map's gameplay is so different, you may even hate it. but I don't care, mainly because I made it for myself in mind. By the way, I was going to blog this piece of ****, but I decided you deserve to see it. Download if you dare.

-Over Photoshopped Screenshots-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please, stop complaining about the pictures. That's one thing that really chaps my ass. It's called photoshop people. If you don't like it, leave! One other thing, Im not going to add any more of a description, just to match your needs. Pictures are worth one thousand words, right?

I will personally infract ANYONE who posts unintelligent **** here, so watch what you type.

#1 Chipsinabox, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

holy crap that looks friggin sweet. I gotta dl to see it in person. great job!

3. Lantus Nova

Lantus Nova Ancient

Hey what is that small glowing ball in the middle of the building with the shield doors?

4. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

wow this looks amazing I am downloading this for sure! I love how you rounded out the double boxes.

5. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

What happened to "I'm not posting it"? >__>

I'm glad you did though, I'm not sure how you "forgers" as you call them match aesthetics, which in this case are something to stop and look at, with game play that you wouldn't expect from something so detailed. A bonus, you even incorporated a shield door without having it ruin your map! Huzzah.

Oh, and inb4 "Lookz gud but meke it neetar 4/5 lolz".

EDIT: OH BTW GAIZ CHECK OUT THIS MAP ROIGHT HERE IT'S AWSOMESAUCE: Download if you dare.

6. Widestoned

Widestoned Ancient

woah h.o my jaw is still on the floor. OMG this looks so awesome! even like MLG worthy but im definetly DLin this nd playin with my buds, 5/5

7. mitona

mitona Ancient

wow words cannot describe this map so i will just say one thing. keep forging 9/10

8. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ahh the pics hurt my eyes... did you have to jack the contrast up? anyway, the map looks terrific from the pics. excellent geomerging, and from what i can tell, macnificent layout. i especially like the "tower" like thing with the thing from sapphire in the middle. i'll DL and try it out whenever i can.

9. Tex

Tex Ancient

I have had many of good games on this map, I'm glad to see it finally here on forgehub.

The uniqueness of this map is surpassed by little to none. I love seeing the "reactor" again in this map, as it was implemented beautifully in Sapphire. I hope that your downloaders don't...not...see that sniper room, as it can be a beautiful thing in this map. ;D

I love how you generally always use at least one panorama, because they always make your maps even sexier then they already are.

REALLY HARD TO DO!

Anyways...now for the typical spam comment:

great map 5/5

10. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Damn that looks mean.

Love that big circular tower thing. Kinda puts the ones in the other maps to shame lol (sorry Ivory)

can't wait till I get to play on it. BTW what game types do you recommend?

11. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Would it matter? People like different game-types. Why should I restrict them to only playing a few?

Waylander likes this.
  12. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Ah, so you've set it up for everything then.

13. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

omggggggggggg

i never thought id see it again!! yayyyy!

you already know i loved it. the mauler spawns were epic.

#13 thesilencebroken, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  14. headlessbarbie

headlessbarbie Ancient

ummm... a flare in the distance maybe? they look like that sometimes.

anyways, this was a grape map like you said in your original post. (lol) the only thing that bugs me is the grenade explosion in every single picture. it looks cool, but its like the filters on the new maps. It's cool for a while then it gets bothering and annoying.

You said the gameplay was so different, but was makes it so different? is it the sentinel beam? the teleporters? the overload of weapons? the lack of weapons? idk so if you elaborate that would be more helpful. i like the mancannon in the second picture. i like how it is hidden under the slanted wall. also this map looks like it would be really good for jumping. i can see all the little ledges you put in everywhere.

I didn't download, but I am still commenting. I am standing up to the mighty Pringlesinacube!

Ruh-roh. I just realized you may have been being sarcastic in your post..

#14 headlessbarbie, Jul 22, 2008
  15. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

sweet a map that is worth a post on. i like this map by the looks of it and that double box wraparound thing is really cool and is original im betting that people will copy that cause of the beauty of it. the only thing i see wrong with the map is that random double box flating there it anoys me but i dont know the purpose of it good job.

16. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

I have to say the aesthetics in this map are beautiful. The layout is brilliant, and this is showing true creativity and originality in a box.
    I also have to say, you should not need to hide your maps. Posting this was a great idea, and if it was posted earlier, it would have been TBoFH material.

The separate levels of the map also show the balance it creates. Without the second floor, the map would have been uneven, but you obviously know how to solve that. And with your forging skills at a peak, I could not expect less from you.

All I have to say is that you've created an excellent map, keep it up.

17. The Nasal Abyss x

Wow. This map is shmeksy. I love what you have done with the Reactor(TM) from Saphire(TM). It looks great where it is. I'm guessing your being sarcastic throughout this post, because I think it is a great map. I already downloaded when I saw the first picture. Im going to have to forgethrough this.

18. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

Had lots of fun playing with you one this map.

This map is amazing, very well made, and the grav lifts are just amazing. Lots of aesthetic things that just really add to this already epic map. i'm glad you ended up posting it. I will probably have to download this one.

Keep up the good work

;)

#18 LOCK.xcf, Jul 22, 2008
  19. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

i didnt dl the map but i think it has 5/5 interlocking and wow you did a great job.. jkjkjk i fail at being funny.i very much like this and it is very very original. you have some great skills. and im the same kinda person when it comes to originality and also add special things that were liked in my other maps.. i have dled but havent got to play it yet obviously b/c i just dled about 10 mins ago but i have made a forge-through on it. the weapon set is mostly different compared to anything i see honestly.. there is great interlocking and geo-merging. i thing i see is not original completely, is the barriers with the wall across the top.. but its not goin to get old anytime soon i dont think and it fits your map well. the only thing i can think of that id posibly complain about is that there are alot of boxs that are just sitting on the ground and not merged to prevent lost nades.. but thats something thats not needed. anyway overall looks 5/5 and ill be playing on it soon with a few friends...
    btw the thing i like most is deff the layout. keep up the good work

EDIT: you may want to change your post a bit b/c it doesnt really give much info maybe a layout picture and weapon set...

#19 Blaze, Jul 22, 2008
  20. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

The map looks great and so does the interlocking and geomerging! Try to have a couple of normal pics though. Its kind of destracting.