Arbor pointe

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Zombievillan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well thats okay, cuz I was informed that the openess isnt the problem in split screen framerate lag. The game is just trying to render all objects that might possibly be seen in game, but doubled since there are two screens. Its stressful, I dont see how anyone can make a good solid map that doesnt look terrible and doesnt have lag in spliscreen.

Which brings me to my next point, DtL, I sent you a FR on live so if you want to get this and work you voodoo I will pass it to you, or just put it in my FS and pm you, like you requested originaly, lol.

2. nopuntintended

nopuntintended Forerunner

I agree...I think the only problem I noticed on my forge/run through was that I was thinking it could use a bridge so that you wouldn't have to jump every time for rockets...but since your setting up another version that fixes that, then I don't see anything else that's stopping this map from being completely AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work...I can't wait to test it with some friends...

3. Poolio

Poolio Forerunner

everyone is nominating this map, yet they probably have never played on it. But nice map!

4. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

UPDATE

Well, I have the latest version in my attempt to get rid of any lag in splitscreen so I can submit this into matchmaking. (If thats still possible).

Basically, I had to take out all the stuff that looked really cool and I pretty much took care of it.

Here is the Rocket area
    [​IMG]
    Now its a bridge instead of the platform, and I took out the awesome looking walls made out of room triples.

Here is top mid
    [​IMG]
    Had to remove the really cool window up top as you can see

And the base area
    [​IMG]
    Cut back to just one crate and as well as many other areas, had to put in some blocks as walls to cut back on item limit.

Quite a few sacrifices for this but I will still be playing the original version. This version plays all the same but doesnt quite look as good but its all worth it if I can get into MM. So heres a link to the MM version:

Download Arbor Pointe MMb

#24 Zombievillan, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I'm glad to see a reduced object version. I'm running a testing session for the $5000 budget contest, I'll probably throw this in after we've finished testing the other maps.

6. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

Sweet, let me know how it goes and if I am on swing me an invite. Even in your testing for your map.

7. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

This is sad but true, all the nice little touches from the original are gone. :( The frame rate was definitely improved though, so if you're after MM I guess this had to be done. It's a shame the limits of the game basically force you to make anything bigger than a 2v2 look simple and empty in order for it to play at full frame rate.

8. SkyMan EvoLV3d

SkyMan EvoLV3d Forerunner

Arbor Pointe with a VIEW!!!

That is a glorious platform... Firstly I would definitly agree with you Sugar that it does give that map that extra splash of color! But I feel the platform needs a little more umph especially for such a high traffic section of the map!! how about...a view?

Zombie this is for your favorite version of your best map to date. from one forger to another .enjoy.

[​IMG]

9. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

loving the rocket launcher spawn area!

10. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

A really deserving feature. Everything from the intricate staircases to the flanking walkways this map really shines. (Applauds)

11. Southern

Southern Forerunner

About time this got a feature. You deserved it, great map.