Aratol

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by alpha 853, Feb 16, 2012.

1. alpha 853

alpha 853 Forerunner

[​IMG]
    This is a panorama shot of my map Aratol

Aratol is a very unique map. I've spent the past six months working on Aratol, it's a forerunner facility of unknown function. It is unlike any other map, it has asymmetric looking bases that play relatively symmetrically, basically they look different but play in a way that is pretty balanced.

I've put a lot of thought into this map, more so than any of my other maps. it's been tested dozens of times and every time I've found and fixed bugs, remodeled entire sections and added compatibility with different game-types. it has enough cover for games like swat and team snipers, enough alternate routes to make infection very fun and capture the flag a decent challenge.

Pictures:

Here we are, this is the front of the main structure. The left hall leads to blue base
    [​IMG]

To the right there is a hall, inside you can go right, to the helipad and above blue base, or left, to the rocket launcher and the level below blue base.
    [​IMG]

First we'll go left, this is the hall that leads to the lobby and shotgun.
    [​IMG]

Here we are at the lower level of the lobby. You can sort of see the shotgun on the pedestal in between two supports.
    [​IMG]

This is the second level of the lobby, to the right there is a door that leads to the helipad, the hall to the left leads to the level above the blue base.
    [​IMG]

To your left is blue base, and the lobby is in front of you.
    [​IMG]

This is an outside view of blue base
    [​IMG]

There is a tower outside blue base.
    [​IMG]

This is the helipad.
    [​IMG]

This is red base
    [​IMG]

Now for some, so called, beauty shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry, no more photos for you!

Maybe an update though.

P.S. all who wish to either test or just play some cool maps gathered from all corners of the internets, either pm me or send my GT (alpha 853) a message and i'll be more than happy to set up a match.

2. TheOlympusPrime

TheOlympusPrime Forerunner

Im loving the main structure you've got going there, though, the other structures are too bland. Do you have alot of budget left? If so, you could redo the design with where ever red team base is. Also, the only problem I can see is how that rock looks on the front of the main structure, delete the abomination of the rock. Get in to detail of the map, explain where weapon spawns are.

TL:DR, you've got a good design here, repeat it if possible.

3. alpha 853

alpha 853 Forerunner

i'll start a list of changes and suggestions, and post version 2 if i get some more constructive criticism. some play tester wouldn't be unwanted either.

P.S. thanks to all play testers who helped iron out the kinks: Delta 885, cac98, izf00, strictlyboardup and XBOXFREAK158. (and friends)

#3 alpha 853, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  4. bullet2thehead9

bullet2thehead9 Promethean

the main biulding looks great but on the inside and on the back it looks a little cramped but thats just my point of view. i would recommend getting rid of the tower tall because for 1 it doeas look very aethetically pleasing and 2 it makes the map look rushed like you were to lazy to put real bases. Overall i think this is a nice map but i think there are some thing you need to edit in a V2