Aqueduct

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Mar 14, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

5.3%
  4. 4

21.1%
  5. 5

73.7%
  1. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Aqueduct
    [​IMG]
    Created by Shock Theta

'This aged structure once served Rome's citizens but has since lain empty for millenia.
    '

Aqueduct is a 1v1 map created for Tier 6 of Forge Hub's 1v1 Showdown, inspired partly by the ancient Roman structures which share its name.

The basic structure of Aqueduct is that of a large archway resting over a lower, more enclosed drainage area. The two areas are connected by staircases on each end. On the bottom floor pipes run along its length and a waterfall can be seen flowing into the grating down the middle of the floor. The upper part of the archway curves both sides of a wall which divides off one third of its width. Along with small alcoves this route is slightly more covered and stealthy (picture 6) than the other side of the wall. Protrusions stick up on the slope to provide cover to those advancing from below and are adorned with a single Spike Grenade each. At the very top of the slope rests a Battle Rifle and a Power Drain. On the middle level atop each set of stairs rests a Spike Rifle.

A shaft at the back wall of the top floor drops down just in front of the Gravity Hammer spawn - but also a fusion coil spawn. The bottom floor also contains a lone Plasma Grenade at its center and two Spike Rifles either side of the Custom Powerup which provides 150% speed.

Item | Placed on Map | Respawn Rate | Run Time Max.
    Battle Rifle| 1 | 45 | 2
    Gravity Hammer | 1 | 180 | 1
    Spike Rifles | 4 | 30 | 4
    Spike Grenades | 2 | 45 | 2
    Plasma Grenade | 1 | 30 | 1
    Power Drain| 1 | 120 | 1
    Custom Powerup | 1 | 60 | 1​

Tactics

I. Combine the Gravity Hammer with the Custom Powerup and rush the top. Grab the Plasma Grenade on the way.
    II. Hold the Battle Rifle and use your limited frag grenades wisely to hold off from the top of the arch. Power Drain is an occasional bonus.
    III. Crouch walk if you spawn on the bottom floor, and stay aware of the routes to your location. You have the advantage if they try to rush you bottom, but they have the advantage if you try to rush them top. Be stealthy and when you see your chance be confident.
    IV. Patrol with the Assault Rifle and attempt to disrupt their set up and confidence. It should be effective for a few kills, but you may lose control of key positions.
    V. Hide in the alcoves and behind the Spike 'nade towers. Set a trap - but expect more sucess if you have the Hammer.
    VI. Whilst difficult to set up due to their location away from each other, if you can control top with the Battle Rifle and the Hammer you will be rewarded.
    VII. When running to the top floor, throw Frag and Plasma Grenades at the roof to arc them back down onto the other side of the slope as your opponent rushes up on the other side.

#1 Shock Theta, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

It looks like these 1v1 maps are getting better. This looks like the best one so far. Bigger pics would be good though, I can't really see that "waterfall."

3. LIGHTSOUT225

looks great. bout to do a forge-through in a few mins... ill be back

4. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Looks really great must have taken days to make I will never be thatg good at Forge oh well I can dream.

5. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I really hope this one will be well received, the Hammer is always a weapon to make one nervous in a competitive map but I and many other testers worked hard to balance out something as polished as we could. Hope you guys who are still in the tournament can have some great games on this. Looking forward to the responses.

Here you go Grave.

[​IMG]

6. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

What about us losers who got knocked out? You don't hope we can have great games too? Fine!!! Whatever!!!!

Just kidding. Seriously though, I'll totally download this and try to get some 1v1s going, even though I'm out of the Showdown.

7. LIGHTSOUT225

awesome job Shock. you continue to impress. this is, in my opinion, the best showdown map so far. The aqueduct is unique and the waterfall was an awesome aesthetic touch. i love the use of the custom powerup and how it changes the game. you can grab it and get up and over the top with the quickness, and i see what oure sayin about it being deadly with the hammer. i just fear that the hamer/BR combo might be about unstoppable, we shall see tho. i haven't played my tier 5 match yet but will in the next few hours.. hopefully i win because im really lookin forward to this one in Tier 6.

8. zangor13

zangor13 Ancient

simply amazing shock theta! next time let me watch i need to watch a pro :D

9. XxKaHoTiKxX

XxKaHoTiKxX Ancient

cool map i like the power up and the idea of the gravityhammer

10. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

This map looks really well made and fun to play on. I can't wait to play on it.

11. superguh007

superguh007 Ancient

I haven't played on this one yet, but the map geometry looks like the most interesting we've seen so far. DLing ASAP.

12. Fluffy Pie

Fluffy Pie Ancient

Looks like an awsome map Shock. Im Dling right now and Im about to do a forge through.

13. El Capitaine

El Capitaine Ancient

best map yet!

great job!

even though im not in the 1v1.... * queued *

14. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Why did you give strategies out? You should erase those untill Tier 5 is played. Let us make our own strategies.

I haven't downloaded it but I need to soon, I'm still in the tournament.

15. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Wow, Shock, you are the Forge Interlocking master.

16. spinmoss1

spinmoss1 Ancient

This map is so fun to play on. Great job Shock Theta.

17. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

When I played Shock, I found it extremely fun, and a plethera of strategies evolved. I won't go into details but herding your opponent with grav hammer down the chute is very useful. Shock may have won, but I declare a rematch. It simply wasn't fair playing on a map I have never got to play on before. Of course british people do have to skew everything in there favor. Awesome map Shock, again it is my favorite!!!

18. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Ok I played this with 3 people FFA and it was amizimg! This may be a 1v1 map but it is pretty big for the size. Plays very nice. When I saw the top floor with those boxes interlocked like that I thought, "Wow this is going to completley ruin the whole thing." I was completely wrong!

Good job shock :)

19. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

20. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

Th arch, I gotta say is... beautiful. Great work on interlocking Shock!
    What's your trick?