Apex

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by FlaPvsJacK, Oct 19, 2010.

1. FlaPvsJacK

FlaPvsJacK Forerunner

The apex of all fire is death.

Please feel free to add my account on my fifth Halo Reach: Map Varient. Apex

This map is set for multiple teams. Up to 6 teams/ 16 max head cap. I will love to host to anybody who would like to join the carnage. BYOB

There is a safe boundary/kill boundary placed on the island so the fight will only continue on the forge map. Making the size to small depending on how you like to play.

Download here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7201832&player=FlaPvsJacK

Please add a comment,

Thanks!

FlaPvsJacK

More map variants are on the way. Spread the word...

YouTube - Halo Reach Map Variant ~ Apex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 FlaPvsJacK, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. FredMiester44

FredMiester44 Ancient

Your forging looks nice and clean but it seems like you only put a bunch of buildings together without much else. If you want to make a map look good try making some of your own buildings, the only thing really abstract is your banshee pad. Finally using teleporters on a competitive map as the only means of traversing the map is not a good plan the game just turns into a cluster -BLAM- around them. Anyway I will download and check it out for myself.

3. Lagreflex

Lagreflex Ancient

I really like the idea of the map, gameplay i'm unsure of. i will dl

4. jonesmcmoney

jonesmcmoney Forerunner

Looks like you put a lot of work in this map, you probably should've put some big walls around it. If you did that it would be 3 floors, but even though you'd have to eliminate the banshee, the gametypes would then go with the map.

5. FlaPvsJacK

FlaPvsJacK Forerunner

Thanks for the comments. My intentions for this map initially was for Assault objective. This is my first attempt on this objective base and I hope it is fun. I haven't seen many people use this side of the landscape on Forge World very much, which turns out to be very useful. Surprised, other people haven't caught on yet with the landscape. So, I gave it a shot.

6. Heavens Revenge

Heavens Revenge Ancient

I have always wanted to make a map focused around the cliffs in this area, it looks like a hard landscape to use creatively but it has a lot of potential. You have tapped into the potential with this map. Some of the features are visually stunning.

There seems to be a lack of weapons laying around, and I am not sure how you have set up your bases and spawns. If you set the spawn points right, you can have most of the action in one central area with teleporters and outlying structures used sparingly for surprise attacks.

7. Buburay

Buburay Forerunner

It looks nice but it seems like all you did was put alot of buildings/teleporters/grav lifts together which makes a huge camp fest.. I love the map but making the only means of travel teleporters and grav lifts just means they will be able to camp it so easy.. Specialy if you can't see the area you'll land in when you go off of the grav lifts of when you step through the teleporters, I like the map but the game play might not work too great.

8. FlaPvsJacK

FlaPvsJacK Forerunner

Again thanks for the comments. Teleporters have always been a love/hate within many different people. But one thing I do know is that theres only one way to go up a hill and only one way down. The landscape built on the mountain was a tackle, for you could not physically walk up the side of ridges.(exception of Jetpack)
    Making a path was very limited for playing Assualt. Carrying that ball has always been a drag. (no pun intended) If the landscape would be more cooperative, this map would be totally different. But it was a good challenge finding the limitations while I was there.