Apartment 5B

Discussion in 'Reach Aesthetic Maps' started by Zatherla, May 9, 2011.

1. Balian

Balian Forerunner

Wow, this is so ridiculously awesome that I created an account just to talk you that. I checked out that map and it was crazily detailed. I would like to offer a few suggestions, though, for how to make it even better than it already is. I noticed that you had almost $3000 left so, I was experimenting on changing some things. First off, I noticed that the two clocks don't match. The kitchen clock says that it's 7:54 but the bedroom clock says that it's 6:54. You may want to fix that. Thought that was kinda funny. Also, I was playing around with the ambience a bit. Try this: take out the light over the dining room table and put both lights over the lamps in the living room and then add the purple special fx. It gives such amazing ambience. Also, made the elevator larger and put the spawns in there. It takes away from the beauty of the room, seeing random spawn people in the room and entering from the elevator is so much more thrilling because of where the elevator is located. Oh, and maybe I'm just dumb or something, but there are a lot of things in the apartment that I couldn't firgure out what they were. Rooms and individual items. Maybe you could redesign some things to make them more identifiable (again, unless I'm just dumb, lol). After, I made those few changes, with the lights and the special fx (the elevator, I just drug the walls out), I still had $1700 and you have quite a few resources left. It looks this amazing now, so imagine what it could look like if you used all of the money and/or resources. It'd be the most insanely epic thing ever. I'm going to keep experimenting with stuff. If you don't mind, maybe I could put my version on me fileshare, so that people could access both, that way if you like it, you could take it, edit it so your name is on it and make it official. And if it sucks and no one likes it, I can just delete it. But, either way, this map is insanely amazing. I'm just trying to give you some suggestions or how to make it even more amazing.

2. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Hello, the aesthetics are amazing in this little apartment. I seen it last night, the pictures grabbed my attention first, I haven't seen anything like it. Wow , the front room is sweet and a lovely pad, TV , score, remote... the sofas are the best looking I've seen, dining table all layed out, the use of cameras for different parts of this apartment. The shower is also very nicely forged. Clock....merged objects....I could go on, the details and skill in this forge is top class. Great job!

3. 4shot

4shot Bloodgulch

Wow. Chuck Norris must have made an aesthetic map. There just isn't a word to describe how epic this is. You've just started a new era of aesthetic maps.

4. MENACEtoSOCIETY

MENACEtoSOCIETY Forerunner

Your attention to detail is unmatched. No one else takes the time to annalize each piece, to find that little part you need. I am looking forward to your next masterpiece!

5. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This is truly an aesthetic masterpiece, even the attention placed into the pictures hanging on the walls is phenominal. Well done sir.

6. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

The clock blew my mind. impressive work.

7. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

I think this is a map that would make the Bungie team say: WTF!? How the hell did he!? We never added that, right?

Good job. I mean, if you like walking around in your apartment all fricken day. :p

8. DANTE0909

DANTE0909 Forerunner

Compared to one of my favorite maps, "For rent," that map is NOTHING compared to this. This map is beyond ridiculous, this is unreal, AND the clock... WTF dude, HOLY BLAM!!! (Downloaded)

9. CaptainDEEZ

CaptainDEEZ Forerunner

That is a nice looking map.
    How did you do the clock on the wall with the roman numerals?

10. ToXiC SPlaTTeRz

ToXiC SPlaTTeRz Forerunner

it's amazing how the F did you make all this....?!!!!
    youve got a dl

11. LIGHTSOUT225

This is ridiculously awesome. Well done, sir. A feature well-earned.

12. Flyingman66

Flyingman66 Forerunner

this is just.... too good

i think this map has shown us that anything is possible in forge, the clock and the tv were just mind blowing, how the hell did u manage all that?

13. ScareCrow813

ScareCrow813 Forerunner

This is amazing. I told my friend about it and he did not believe me about the clock and "running water". But yeah i can Not wait to see what is next. Good Job. You should work for bungie at the map making part.

14. BrokenEye

BrokenEye Forerunner

How'd you do the numbers on the clock

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Just did a flythrough of the map, and all I can say is holy f***ing s**t dude, the level of detail in this thing is f***ing insane. Its a shame it all disappears as soon as you leave forge.

#34 BrokenEye, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  15. StealthNYC139

StealthNYC139 Forerunner

I broke this map apart piece by piece and man..i respect. you are very creative with limited pieces. give this person a cupcake!

#35 StealthNYC139, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  16. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Insane

Dled and immediately tore it apart. Truly genius work. So far outside the box it's in the parking lot of the store where they sell boxes. Definetly the best interiors map I've ever seen. **********

17. Atrain

Atrain Ancient

as an aesthetic forger who prides myself on building bases, I always have relied on maps like this one to fundamentally shake everything I know about forging's limits, and to uproot all but some of my base understandings of the skill.

I have never, across 3 years and 2 games, seen something so beautiful to ever be presented on forge hub. I am honestly speechless as to what I can say about it. This map really is the gold standard, for which I will measure all other aesthetic maps.

5/5 Wow, just wow.

18. Zatherla

Zatherla Sweet Lemonade

thanks atrain :) i'm still trying to top this one -.- and its hard as hell, im trying to use every single piece that bungie gave us

19. Branzor

Branzor Forerunner

This is definitely the most impressive aesthetic map I have ever seen, hands down. The detail in unfathomable. It's seriously feels like walking around a Halo Reach easter egg, like something that didn't even come from forge itself. Wow, just wow.

20. Gears boy 3000

Gears boy 3000 Forerunner

this is truly amazing, I love how you did the clock, and the tv, and basically the whole entire place :D