Anyone Sick of Foundry?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by freezefry, Jan 21, 2008.

1. freezefry

freezefry Ancient

Ever since Bungie published the DLC maps, millions of people have been making maps on Foundry. I am just finding way too many forged Foundry maps. In some ways, the other maps require much more creativity to build on, due to more difficult map geometry. I would just like to see more variety than the same old ugly grey warehouse. Tell me what you think.

2. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

I am extremely sick of it and have been after the first week it was released, but since people have run out of ideas they have resorted to making structures that end up looking exactly the same on Foundry

3. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

I agree. All of the great Foundry CTF or Slayer maps blend in with all the crappy ones. The only way your map will get noticed is if it's different, or not on Foundry...

4. RossDawgg

RossDawgg Ancient

I just joined up on this site and I've only seen one map variant that wasn't Foundry.. I believe it was Rat's Nest.
    But yes, I play a lot of Infection and games like that and it all seems like they're on FOUNDRY FOUNDRY FOUNDRY!

So I can't really say "I'm sick of it" 'cause I haven't been around long enough, but it sure is getting repetitive.

5. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

You cannot complain about this guys. I don't mind all the Foundry maps personally. Let's see, what map lets you use almost every forge item? Foundry. What map has a flat surface? Foundry. What map is easiest to build on? Foundry. What map has had the best gametypes created? Foundry.

6. freezefry

freezefry Ancient

You are right about all of the opportunities that Foundry gives you, but I think we need some serious originality.

7. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

hm. i thought it was just me...

im very into 'atmosphere' and 'enviroment' and things like that (ex. alot of people ask why Battle of Hoth is on Standoff. Its largely because the atmosphere is perfect...also the rocks offer alot of cover...)...so yea Foundry for the most part is kinda repetitive...i hate the look when it doesnt fit...unfortuantely sometimes people HAVE to use these maps to make it work...im fine if its a good map, but sometimes i just wonder why they couldnt use the old maps...

8. G043R

G043R Ancient

The only thing I wished for Foundry is Better lights... THe place is a freaken cave...

9. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

It takes to trouble out of "bxing people in" on other maps.
    But it does get kinda annoying...

10. o2oGodsMistake

o2oGodsMistake Ancient

Well yes it gets repetitive but it allows you to do your most wildest dreamiest Forge Fantasies on it, but lets hope that when the next map pack is officially out that they create a place outside that has the same possibilities as foundry and more. So you can create things you never though of. But until then we will have to just stay content with what we have. And hopefully they dont put a price on these next ones hopefully.

11. Grimz13

Grimz13 Ancient

Yea i really enjoy maps that fit in with the environment, they make it seem that much more real. The thing with Foundry is that some stuff can only be done on Foundry. Another problem is making barricades on other maps can be quite shanty and foundry eliminates that completely.

-Grimz13

12. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Personaly I like foundry and the amazing things that are coming out of it. People are wanting to have original ideas, therefore gameplay is becoming more fun, and orginality is getting better.

-Donuts

13. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I am a little sick of its depressing enviroment, but it's so ideal for forging that people cant just pass it up. FTMP, I agree with der donut

14. Stolenpoo

Stolenpoo Ancient

no offense BUT... I have somthing pretty big against bingie for making such a great map FOUNDRY. Why can you not put the same items on the other two maps? if they made a map that was going to be for forging mania, then why give it bad geometry? Why dont they just make a big map that is comepletely square and let you chose the texture for each wall? Why make wall corners USELESS MUCH?

The only and BIGGEST problem is... Blabbing about it here wont make a difference. Bungie wont take opinions from other people. especially because they know they cant forge to save their lives.

15. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I think it's disappointing that no one has tried to use their creativity on any of the other maps recently, but there ARE maps that aren't on Foundry and a few on the other DLC maps, you just have to look a little harder.
    I think Forge is a probably not one of the best level editors, but you gotta make with what you got and it is on a console. And real time? It should at least be switchable from on to off.

16. cazamodo

cazamodo Ancient

Foundry was created specifically for forge, so everyone went forge mad, as ist teh easiest t forge on. Every now and again somethign new pops up on it, btu soon people will go back to forging otehr maps aswell, and with the next batch of DLC maps on teh way who knows what next?

17. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

You dont know what you;re talking about.

If Bungie didnt give a crap about their fans, we wouldnt have:

* New maps every 3 months
    * Updates to matchmaking even more often than that
    * Weekly update on the site informing us frequently of what their plans are

The list can go on my friend, you cannot just sit there and demand anything and everything from Bungie.. A lot more goes into this videogame making process than you think...

And as far as what you ask of Forge... Unfortunately Forge is an accessory to Halo 3, it is not its own game. Therefore, extremely detailed processes like changing texture and lighting, are pretty much impossible.

Maybe someday they will make a standalone Forge game that can upload maps to H3.

18. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Titmar, I agree with most of what you said, but letting us edit lighting and textures is possible, although limited.

Instead of 24 Double Boxes, we could have 8 Red Double Boxes, 8 Blue, and 8 Green, or something like that. It would suck if you wanted 24 of the same color, but it would be cool if you wanted some variety in map appearance.

Also, there are already existing items that change lighting. Grav Lifts and Mancannons create a localized blue light. It's reasonable to believe that they could create a new item that is very small but has a large radius of ambient light. Maybe red lights and blue lights.

But yes, Bungie has been very good to us, and they continue to be good to us. We're just insatiable! GIVE US MORE!

19. Grimz13

Grimz13 Ancient

Lights and coloring is a great idea, the maps wouldnt all feel the same and making base color coded would be awesome

20. Blazen Nite

Blazen Nite Ancient

I think that foundry is getting old because you see so many stupid boxes. seriously though, if people were to merge stuff more often to create new shapes, foundry wouldn't feel as bad as it does now. forging on other maps is good but only in some cases where you can create something that cannot be done on foundry