Any Forgeworld traps yet?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Atik, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Atik

Atik Ancient

Okay, so back in H3, a favorite passtime of my friends and I were the many forms of Fat Kid. I have already made a re-imagining of our gametype and I want to get to work on some maps.

One I'm working on was a large room with hallways leading up to higher balconies. The Fatty would climb them and the humans would wear him down as he slowly made it up.

But I also want to work on the classic "Run from the fat Kid" maps where you had to smash your way through barriers and avoid annoying dumpster traps and such. I always loved the suspense of those; fight the Fatty and the Enviorment at the same time.

But I can't find anything to make a trap with. There is hardly anything movable on Forge World to use.

2. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Vehicles? .... Here's an idea: Put multiple teleporters in a row, then have 1 lead you to the next arena.. and have the others lead you back a little ways. So you have to choose to see which one will work.

Um... have a mini-jumping course?

That's all I can think of. Good luck man

3. TheForeverAirman

TheForeverAirman Forerunner

I'm pretty sure everything is moveable. Just change phased to (I think) normal.

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

If you change it to normal settings I think movable objects will act as they do in Halo 3. They're movable until they're still and become immovable.

5. TheUnseenForce

TheUnseenForce Forerunner

Traps...

Using the instant kill zones (In the spawning category) could help to make traps.
    Ex. A grav lift placed on a crate could launch you into a kill zone if you move the crate.