Any BTB forge tips for Halo 4 specifically?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by icycoolx, Dec 25, 2012.

1. icycoolx

icycoolx Promethean

Any tips on making a Big Team Battle map on Halo 4? I mean it is much harder now to make one because you can't use Colosseum walls for floors anymore and the maps are also smaller now. I have seen some maps on Ravine that were Big Team Battle maps and it looked like they did a good job on them. They were all pretty much in the center of Ravine on the grass where that big trench is. My question to you guys is are there any tips for making a BTB map specifically on Halo 4?

2. VII

VII Promethean

This -> Dynamic Lighting Guide

Probably the most important aspect/obstacle to BTB forging in Halo 4 is making sure you have the right balance of pieces so that you don't break the lighting on your map.

Apart from that it's mostly up to you. Any other tips or suggestions would really need to be geared towards something specific.

3. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

well, you want to make them slightly bigger than reach to account for sprint. Other than that, make sure you have a variety of spaces to play in to make sure that any weapon that players may get can only be used properly in specific places, so as not to turn the whole map into a fiestafight.

4. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

You have to provide a balance between infantry movement and vehicle movement. If there is too much of one the other will suffer. Coliseum walls are still usable as floors, just not as reliable due their shifting.
    You could literally write a book on BTB map design, there is just so much to consider in order to create a playable, fun and balanced map.

5. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Maybe I'll take a shot, then... prepare yourselves, massive edit incoming sometime later today :p

6. reaper3bot0

reaper3bot0 Forerunner

oh no cant use collosium walls??? go check out jonezy map preview.

7. BlurredCola

BlurredCola Promethean

Since sprinting in Reach made you move a lot faster than in Halo 4 and the time that it took to pull up your gun after sprinting to shoot is increased, it sometimes feels like small maps punish people who just mash that sprint button whenever they can or sprint around corners. The real thing you are gonna have to do well is spawning. You need the map to work with and without instant respawning, while finding the balance with getting back to the battle fast and not spawning too close to the middle of the map, so that getting map control isn't too hard with people popping up in the same power position where they just got killed at.