Anvil

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Bloodpony, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Anvil

Created by Bloodpony

Map Description

Hello Forgehub community! This is my first post, but not my first forge creation. This is a map that has two ideas/themes to it - a mini-version of Sidewinder/Avalanche made of forge bits, and connecting the Quarry with the Coliseum. It was designed to be a more open map that is divided up into sections. Four teleporter sets, four gravity lifts, and two man cannons help you move around quicker and help prevent camping, as I wanted the danger to come from many angles. There is plenty of cover, but you do need to be aware of your surroundings - and your enemies.

This is mainly a Team/Squad Slayer map, but other game types are possible (some need tweeking). Loadout selections are standard, but I prefer to have the Drop Shield in the mix, as it is a good counter for the Jet Pack because of the openness. It seems that the Jet Pack, Drop Shield, Sprint, Camouflage, and Hologram work out best. Standard weapons also work out best, but an occasional game starting with DMR's work too.

Weapons List:

Assault Rifle
    Plasma Repeater
    Magnum
    Plasma Pistol
    Needler (x2)
    DMR (2 spare clips)
    Needle Rifle (2 spare clips)
    Concussion Rifle
    Shotgun
    Gravity Hammer
    Rocket Launcher (1 spare clip + 150 second spawn)
    Sniper Rifle (1 spare clip + 150 second spawn)
    Frag Grenades (X4)
    Plasma Grenades (x6)

Healthpacks (x4)

Here are some pictures below of the basic layout. The video link will give a flythrough of the map as well.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Video Link

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

That's it for now. All feedback and testing are welcome. Hope you enjoy the map and let me know what you think!

#1 Bloodpony, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

It's a very pretty map. I forged through it and I can tell you without playing it that the spawning will have trouble for objective games, because you have no team assigned Respawn Zones, while you do have neutral Respawn Points through out.

This means that for flag or bomb, any blue team member can respawn at the red team base, and red at the blue base. This may be what you want, but people will complain.

I recommend you cover half the map in a blue team Respawn Zone, half in a red team Respawn Zone, and if you want to maintain dynamic spawning for Slayer (which I recommend), then a neutral Respawn Zone over the whole map to match Slayer games.

Otherwise, it looks like you thought out what you wanted and it looks good. I am hoping to play on it this weekend with friends.

#2 MrGreenWithAGun, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  3. BlondishFiber

BlondishFiber Forerunner

wow nice jobb!
    I think your map looks realy good and it seems big too is it??

4. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Yeah, I don't play a lot of objective games, so I can see the miss when setting up the spawns for objective games. I'll see what I can do to fix it. It is mainly intended for Slayer, KOTH, Headhunter, etc. Thanks for the info!

5. FriedFoodStuffz

FriedFoodStuffz Forerunner

The layout is definitely interesting, but i'm not a terrible fan of prefab (building) pieces or dishes. Also, how is your framerate? I noticed a lot of glass, and lights are always troublesome.

6. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

I don't use prefab building pieces often, but they worked out well here. The dishes had interesting/functional uses too. As far as framerate goes, no problems there. Glass and lights seemed to be fine on this set up. Thanks for the reply!

7. Kelsey Amazing

Kelsey Amazing Forerunner

I went through your map in split screen with FriedFoodStuffz and your right about the framerate, well at least mostly. There is a tiny bit of framerate if you manage to get the whole map into view by standing back by the sniper tower. Also there is a bit of framerate if you use the grav lifts on the sides of the map while looking at the center. Other than that the framerate is pretty solid. The map looks like it would play pretty well also, next time I'm in customs I'll test it out for you.

8. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Thanks! Testing is always appreciated and feedback is always valued. Will take a look at the sniper tower and lifts to minimize any framerate issues that might exist. Thanks again!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Any other testing and feedback would be helpful for any willing to do so! Not just for this map, but also for future maps. Will post some more maps soon, so everything helps!

#8 Bloodpony, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011