Anti-Forgery Spawning

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by BlackCloud, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Forerunner

Hey, I'm making a puzzle map at the mo' and I was wondering if there was a way to have a spawner that would only activate in Forge mode.

For example, the normal spawner/s would kick in when you're playing the game as a custom but if you try to go on Forge mode to figure it out then you'd just spawn inside a killball.

Is this possible?

Thanks, guys!

2. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

From what I know about forge, this is impossible... Although Bungie should implement a feature like this, I dislike people tampering with my maps.

3. Teaco27

Teaco27 Ancient

to delay them form doing this have you puzzle be an asymmetrical game type and have a kill ball spawn in symmetrical only where your spawn points are, that way if they load it in forge they die, until they figure out to change the game type. hope this helps.

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

You can't change a gametype or start a new round while dead.

5. Teaco27

Teaco27 Ancient

well then my idea should work

6. Orange

Orange Ancient

yeah its easy, make a killball spawn not for 180 seconds then have a teleporter or something you drop into so when in forge mode the killball makes you always dead and you cant start a new round when you are dead. but in customs you drop down then a killball spawns, thus you dont die when you spawn but you die when you spawn whenn in forge mode. OR if you want two different spawns, then have a block spawn 180s in on all the spawns and have an alternate spawn in another rooms which you HAVE to spawn in which has a killball on all of the spawns, MMMKAY?

7. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

I see that this is your first post and you joined this month, Welcome to forgehub. If you havn't already noticed, we are a very nice community. All of your forge questions can be answered here.

The answer to your question is no. The explanation for this is simple, every single object that you place in forge will show up in custom games aswell. Teaco27 and Orange have a great idea going, take their advise and you should be fine.

If you ever want my personal help just message me. I'm on here everyday so it won't take me long to write back.

xX BtR Chaos Xx