Another PC building thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bomb Champion, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Bomb Champion

Bomb Champion Ancient

So I found this motherboard which supports the processor that I've chosen (AMD Phenom II 965, 3.4GHz quad core) but it has integrated graphics. Of course I want to be able to run games on my computer but I don't know if the integrated graphics will be good enough. If they aren't will I still be able to use a different graphics card?

Micro Center - MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 Socket AM2+ MCP61P mATX Motherboard K9N6PGM2-V 2

2. Narco

Narco Forerunner

You can always buy a graphics card for it, just plug your monitor into the card instead of the port on the mobo, then the integrated graphics will just sit there and do nothing.

Whether or not that is enough for gaming though, I don't know.

3. alienman911

alienman911 Ancient

do not use integrated graphics they suck
    what price are you will to go?
    I might be able to help.

EDIT: What CPU are you getting? I don't think this is compatible with intel i3,5,7

#3 alienman911, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  4. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

I would agree, I don't know much about pc building, but I do know integrated graphics are among the shittiest you can get. I would go to /g/ - Technology on 4chan and just make a thread. That site is pretty NSFW. So tread carefully.

5. alienman911

alienman911 Ancient

6. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Integrated cards can run lower quality things such as World of Warcraft and games dating back before, lets say, 2003. After that, a graphics card is a must.

7. ricklaver

ricklaver Forerunner

Hey you all post very nice information about graphics card and I think the graphics card performance is deepens on its dedicated memory so I think if you have 1 bg ram on board for your graphics card then its fine.