Anoesis

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Reaction Formation, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Reaction Formation

Reaction Formation Promethean

Anoesis

Created by: Reaction Formation Last updated: 3/25/12

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27424346&player=TACITURN
    Revised edition download:3/25/12

Map Description A mirror-symmetric map for 2 to 16 players. Supports all gametypes. Set in an evacuated civic center. Features multiple levels and a central area with peaks and depressions in the floor.

Human Weapons
    Covenant Weapons​

[l-col]
    • DMR X 5 (45 sec spawn, 2 clips)
    • Grenade launcher X 2 (120 sec drop spawn, 5)
    • Rockets X 1 (150 sec drop spawn, 1)
    • Sniper X 2 (180 sec drop spawn, 2)
    • Grenades X 4 (20 sec)
    [/l-col]

[r-col]
    • Concussion Rifle X 2 (90 sec, 2)
    • Needle Rifle X 2 (45 sec, 2)
    • Plasma Repeater X 2 (30 sec, 0)
    • Plasma Pistol X 1 (30 sec, 0) REVISED AS FOCUS RIFLE X1 (45 sec, 0)
    • Plasma Grenade X 4 (20 sec)
    [/r-col]

Health Pack X 3 (default)​

Overview with bases at 3 and 9 o'clock [​IMG] Overlook of central area and ramps [​IMG]
    Side view of Red main base [​IMG] View of Blue main base hallway [​IMG] View of lower level room [​IMG] Walkthrough [bungievid]27404019[/bungievid]

Walkthrough of revisions to central area
    [bungievid]27424446[/bungievid]

Thank you for your time.

Map Resume
    [thread]137742[/thread]
    [thread=137742]Immolation(undergoing revision)[/thread]
    [thread]137158[/thread]
    [thread=137158]Clubhouse[/thread]
    [thread]136908[/thread]
    [thread=136908]Atoll[/thread]
    [thread]136700[/thread]
    [thread=136700]Firedamp[/thread]

#1 Reaction Formation, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. thefightdude

thefightdude Forerunner

This looks pretty cool. I would definitely play this with like 8 or more people may even be great for a full 16. I like the corner pieces where you have the tunnels and the 3x3s. I mean it looks like a simple map considering the small variation of pieces, and I'm not saying that in a bad way. Nice job and keep up the work.

3. mcclintonsl

mcclintonsl Forerunner

How many people have you tested it with, if any at all? It looks really good but i'm just wondering about frame rate lag. :]

4. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

I'm seeing a lot of long, linear lines of sight. This is partially due to the fact that there are pretty much only 90 degree corners, meaning you either see none of the map except the hallway you're in, or you see across the map when you reach a cross road. Try to add more angles to your walls and have some more open dance floor.

5. Reaction Formation

Thank you for your response.

Thanks for your feedback.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thanks for your response... The map has been played with two players on splitscreen. There were several beats of lag when moving down the hall of a main base and looking laterally toward the central area on some games, then others did not have this. Its confusing because I have lag with official multiplayer maps like Affinity on splitscreen as well. I am unsure whether there is a problem with the map or my 360... It will have to be tested with more players to assess issues with lag fully.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thanks for your response... As mentioned in my reply to Mcclintonsl, I have tested this map with two player splitscreen with minimal, occasional frame rate lag. I do get lag on splitscreen with official multiplayer maps like Affinity on my 360 however which makes it difficult to assess this issue. The map will have to be tested further...

I have made multiple changes from the original design in light of the lag I was perceiving on my 360. There was more open dance floor on earlier editions but I found lag issues which were eliminated by narrowing the field of view. I will attach a more original rendition for download shortly as much of the lag may be due to my 360.

#5 Reaction Formation, Mar 25, 2012
  6. Southern

Southern Forerunner

On the left side, you might want to put something better than a plasma pistol. In a BTB map, it usually won't be very effective, and becomes a bad incentive for going through the area. Also, remove the braces in the middle or cover the ends. It just looked weird.

7. Reaction Formation

I have made revisions to Anoesis so that is closer to my original idea of the map... Hopefully not at the expense of lag. The download is now available.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thank you for feedback. The braces were added to reduce what I perceived as frame rate issues on split screen. I have made revisions more toward what I originally had envisioned the map to be. (It was much more open and had more aesthetic portions.) I am unsure and do not trust that the hardware will run my original map smoothly, but if the revision is without lag issues perhaps I will brave submitting my original. I will await further feedback... And I have replaced the plasma pistol with a focus rifle (45 sec, 0 clips) in the revision thank you.

#7 Reaction Formation, Mar 25, 2012
  8. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Uh, I don't think you even addressed my points in any way whatsoever. You keep talking about framerate lag, but I didn't even say a word about that. I'm talking about sight lines and linearity.