Anent

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by iTz Longshot, Aug 25, 2011.

1. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Thanks guys for the comments.
    Yeah, I unsterstand what you mean with the glass. I usually like to cover it up. I did at one point, but when I was always chaning things, I need some objects, to those were the things to go. Really good idea on the 1x1thin though. I usually just when with a small bridge. I can now use one less bridge :) With the objects by CPU, well truthfully I wasn't completely sure what to do there and try to match somewhere else...so i slapped some objects in.

Thank, but who showed you at MLG? I don't post there lol

2. Heptagons

Heptagons Forerunner

I think a Brace, Large would fit fine and look a little neater, but I haven't checked to see if you've got one left in the budget. Like I said, it's no big deal. Just one of those things.

I got a running riot on this map the other day, so it's my new favorite map. :) We were playing 4 man FFA, and I know it wasn't built for that, but it was fun nonetheless. The map has an easy, intuitive (mostly) anti-clockwise flow, whilst allowing the possibility to move clockwise around the lower half of the map and cut off your opponents. The powerups and weapon placement add to the dynamic gameplay, with lots of map movement. I know FFA is usually more dynamic by default, but I still see this flowing just as well as a 2v2 or 1v1, as it was originally intended.

Congrats on making a map that not only looks unique, but also has great flow. Too few people concentrate on the latter.

3. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Two weeks later, I've finally remembered to comment. Hurrah! Anent is easily your best design to date, proving that multiple teleporters and large amounts of height can be merged seamlessly when done as well as it was here. I'm glad you were able to use the very opaque teleporter idea I gave you and take it to a new dimension. Players should have no trouble figuring out their location on Anent after playing for no more than 2 minutes, even with purple on. Speaking of purple, to anyone playing WITHOUT it, I feel bad for you.

Keep the excellent designs coming, ShitShot!

4. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I just played a game on this map with Heptagons (see above) and I have to say this map is very impressive. I was surprised at how the purple effect really made the map's atmosphere and gave it a unique feel. It actually inspired me to put a purple effect on one of my maps and it worked out quite well. I have to say with the teleporters telling you what to expect as you enter them, the many levels of height, and the amazing rock wall (my favorite section) I loved this map. My only gripe was that health packs were not that noticeable. Congratulations on the feature and the map.

5. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it. The purple fx really does work with it. Im really surprised my self it has very very little framerate problems when going into splitscreen. I never really stressed it out during splitscreen, but I think it still works out well. It's cool a 4 FFA worked out well. I've never done that actually lol just teams and 1v1s. Thanks again for the comments and Hept, I could do that. Sorry for the randomness :p

6. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

@iTz Longshot Just wanted to let you know that I found this map when I was rebuilding the FHF - Reach list and anxiously downloaded it. I got together with my old crew Sunday and we had a blast playing this map. Everyone agreed it was right up there with our favorite Reach customs. There may not be alot of us that go back and play these old maps, but know that those who do, appreciate your effort.

Thank you.

iTz Longshot likes this.
  7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

8. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

Yes, and with it, setting the bar on how to remake a Halo custom.

Let's not comment on how inferior I feel right now about my own custom remakes.

9. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

Thought I would thank you again for this fun map. We played a full Reach session yesterday and we had a blast on this map. I however don't have your gametype so I may change the power up to an over-shield. The guys kept saying the power up does nothing and I had to explain to them what a custom power up was. lol