Ancient

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by evan12075, Apr 2, 2008.

1. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Map Title: Ancient

Download Here

It's the only sign of the people who once lived there. a temple and some homes were still preserved. rumor is that zombies come out of the temple from their tombs at night. but during the day these people would play games such as capture the flag, assualt, king of the hill, and oddball to pass the time by. (so basically this map supports slayer, infection, CTF, assualt, king of the hill, and oddball)

Screenshots!!!
    [​IMG]
    The Temple

[​IMG]
    In The Temple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gametypes Available:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(King of The Hill, Infection, Capture The Flag; Other Supported Game types: Slayer/Team Slayer, and Assualt)

#1 evan12075, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. x a nade x

x a nade x Ancient

nice map, pretty original and i played KOTH on it and CTF it played very well. DL

3. whitelime

whitelime Ancient

What WhiteLime thinks

I think that this does looks like a well thought out map. I like that you have made the bases different and that you have interlocked almost all of the map. I think that the sword and the invisibility should not be together because the sword is already much to strong in a close combat level like this. :D but its a good map.

4. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

hmm good point with invisibility and sword... i never rele thought about that part... theres one thing that could be done to improve it. i like good feedback but i need to know what to improve on!

5. American10

American10 Ancient

I have a project that i have forgot about just like this looks nice 4/5.

6. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

i quite like the layout of this ... some sections look a bit sloppy though.

I'll give it a forgethrough and get back with feedback.

7. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

This looks quite nice. I'll delete it after I clear some **** off my maps list.

8. Aclopolipse

Aclopolipse Ancient
    Banned

Nice map. All the supported gametypes play solidly.

9. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

10. Zowabashi

Zowabashi Ancient

don't make fun of my interlocking, when yours isn't very good either

11. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

eww this is my old work. nastyyyy! nobody look.... i hate my past.

takes a looks at my new Map Fulmination, or Preservation when i actually started getting good at forge then buddy.

12. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

This map looks like a really well thought out map. The bases seem clearly marked and the whole map appears to be generally symmetrical. Obviously based for CTF, and with that giant "hill" in the middle, KOTH.

Though this map does look well made there isn't too much that seems to stand out about it for me. Sure I haven't played it yet but from what I can tell it looks like a decent generic map. Sure there is an obvious hill in the middle that could be quite recognizable but apart from that it's just another map. (Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh)

I'm not saying it's not bad but I'm also not saying it's a excellent map.

There are a few things I noticed in the picture that could help to make some things look better, for example the hills surface doesn't look well interlocked and smooth. Not that it's a big deal but you might "bump" when walking over it.

One final that does actually worry me about this map, which has been mentioned in other posts is the Energy Sword and Active Camo. Those two items should not be near each other, especially not right on top of each other. That is one thing I would definitely change.

Overall this does look like a map I would download but would probably forget it after a while.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

i hate this map myself reynbow... my early work, it's so bad like i said before. i was such a bad forger then.

14. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

Yes I noticed this was posted early, that's why I'm off to check out a newer map from you =]

15. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

wow. the middle really impressed me. it reminds me of that map whose name i dont know from halo 2 lol. anyways, you have 4 recongnized community members reading this post atm. i can tell telepathicallly they like it.

16. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

it looks great and fun to play on, but it looks sloppy in some parts and it doesnt look like you interlocked as much as you couldve

17. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

sweet nice job 4/5

18. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

i like the interlocking and the layout. seems like it would play team games only though.

19. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ya i dont understand why people are posting on this map when i have 4 newer and way better maps than this. is it possible for a moderator to lock this or something? this map actually kinda embarrasses me... it shows my forging in earlier stages.

20. Wu pmouse

Wu pmouse Ancient

no way this is ur worst map looks well done u should put it back on ur file share