Foundry AmnE2ia

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by JJ3672, Jan 17, 2010.

1. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

[​IMG]

'Teamwork is paramount in escaping this enigma unscathed. Set up for ALL gametypes and 4-10 players. By JJ3672.'

Download!

Quick Stuff:

Most of you probably haven’t seen me around here before because I haven’t posted anything in over a year. I had some maps ready to publish then but I never got around to it because college is college. Naturally, a bunch of finished maps sitting on my hard drive that nobody else got to see bothered me a bit, so I’m coming back for a short while to post those maps and respond to any criticism/comments. Anyway, on to the map.

Map Overview:

AmnE2ia (E2) is an updated version of my previous map, Enigma. I described Enigma as an unconventional map, and the updated version is no different. A couple quirky things:

--E2 is built utilizing the back rooms and hallway of Foundry, an area often blocked off
    --gameplay flows lengthwise for symmetrical games and widthwise for asymmetrical games
    --weapons and equipment at the player’s disposal include a gravity hammer, fuel rod guns, and deployable covers

E2 is symmetrical and works for all gametypes, however it plays much better in team games than FFA, so play with teams whenever possible. CTF (both one and two flag) requires a short flag return time, so quickly change the default settings or use your own small map CTF gametype. E2 is also completely inescapable, as the invisible height barrier on Foundry lies below the top of the outer walls.

I made a quick (minute and a half) video that is a flythrough of the map (via bungie pro rendering).

[bungievid]104401475[/bungievid]

Pictures:

[​IMG]

Looking from the column at top center down on the two symmetrical sides.

[​IMG]

An overview of yellow (A) side, note that the map geometry makes it difficult to get a complete overview picture.

[​IMG]

Overview of red (B) side, from a slightly different angle.

[​IMG]

Back room on B side, common place to spawn, room contains two plasmas, a mauler, and a BR (all not pictured, on weapon racks).

[​IMG]

Hallway on B side looking through to hallway on A side, each team’s hallway has a deployable cover and two frags, with the sniper hanging in the middle.

[​IMG]

Two-level shot of the tunnel and platform above on B side, a carbine is shown against the short wall of the platform.

[​IMG]

Two-level shot of part of the ramp and underneath area (B side). A power drain lies between the barrels.

[​IMG]

Two-level shot of the other side of the ramp and underneath area (B side). A BR is resting against the wall and two plasmas (not pictured) lie in the center of the underneath area.

[​IMG]

Looking down on the ramp from above (B side). A needler is shown opposite the tunnel entrance, and two SMG’s sit against the B signs in the background.

[​IMG]

Looking through the tunnel (B side). On one side is a fuel rod gun, on the other side is a sender node.

[​IMG]

Top of the map on B side. Against the slanted wall are two frags and the receiver node (hidden), and a BR rests against the merged bridge.

[​IMG]

Looking from top B side through top middle to top A side.

[​IMG]

Top middle (defenders spawn here in asymmetrical gametypes). Incendiary is shown in front of the column.

[​IMG]

Behind the column in the previous picture is a suspended gravity hammer.

[​IMG]

Top middle from a different angle during symmetrical gametypes.

[​IMG]

Top middle during asymmetrical gametypes. Note the addition of a sniper, a carbine, another incendiary, and a regenerator to aid the defenders.

[​IMG]

Looking out through the windows of top middle at…???

Lists:

(listed by quantity/name/respawn/clips)

Weapons

1/sniper/120/1
    1/sniper (asymmetrical only)/120/1
    2/fuel rod guns/120/0
    1/gravity hammer/150
    2/needlers/90/2
    2/maulers/60/1
    6/BR’s/20/2
    2/carbines/30/2
    1/carbine (asymmetrical only)/30/2
    4/SMG’s/30/2

Grenades

8/frags/20
    8/plasmas/20
    1/incendiary/10
    1/incendiary (asymmetrical only)/30

Equipment

2/deployable cover/60
    2/power drain/90
    1/regenerator (asymmetrical only)/90

Rate/comment/DL at your leisure…

Download!

This is the first map of four to be released in a short time, if you want to see the others check out this File Set.

2. xDarklingx

xDarklingx Ancient

This looks sweet! nice job on the map, it looks like you really have a forging style of your own and i like it because it is very detailed. Looks like an interesting map to play on, i say 4.5/5. maps like these are the reason why i like foundry.

3. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I LOVE these small maps on foundry, and this is the best i have seen so far, it look to be really well forged and so smooth. I will definatly download this and suggest inprovements ( if any :p)

so far 5/5