America!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Whisper, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

The map doesn't look fun to be in. And no America isn't a bunch of "****" thrown together.

2. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Well, last time I checked, it was a country where everyone was allowed to have an opinion, wasn't it? And that's my opinion of it.

And it might not LOOK fun, but so don't half the maps I see here. I can tell you, it does play fun though.

3. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

being exited about your own map is no excuse for expecting other people to be excited about it. You should open up to suggestions and work harder on your future maps rather than piss all over everybody that doesnt think the way you do. Sorry for being a bunghole, that is just the way I see it.

4. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Well, I don't know where you're looking, but I'm not closed to suggestions. I'm closed to people who flame me and say that a map is bad just because it doesn't look good. As far as I can tell, only one person who has read this thread has downloaded the map and actually looked at it. I can tell this because the downloads of the map on Bungie have only went up by one since it was posted.

5. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

thanks for understanding and for not being attackingly defensive. My best advice for you now is to forget all of the negative reactions to your map and to move on. I wish you luck on your future posts and maps. Welcome to forgehub.

6. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Lol, thanks?

7. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Re: America! - [Whispy & Happy Peso Productions]

wow...way to be as vague about whats actually worng with the map and simply lambassing someone.Your getting at him simply because he hasnt interlocked everything,YOU DONT HAVE TO INTERLOCK TO MAKE A GOOD MAP
    Theres no reason to attack the creator of a map,If you havent played a proper game on it then you dont know how well it plays.
    I dont care how a map looks and if youv ever got a game going id like to give this a go..but yeah coming up with a better name might get some good attention to it instead of

8. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

I don't really get this obsession people have with the name. Whatever. And I can't play a custom game on it for a while because my Xbox is being fixed.

9. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

he has a right to be excited about his map.
    Plus hes not dissing other peoples opinions or pissing all over them as you so eloquently put it.
    NO ONES GIVING HIM A DECENT OPINION
    everyone has either been dissing the name or ***ing about how its not interlocked.
    at this point since some seem to think your insulting america you may aswell make a gametype where everyone is 50% slower to represesent obesity and give everyone an OBSCENE amount of firepower representing your silly right to bear arms
    (for the record joking here,VERY delicate issue i now realise id like to keep off this site :S)

10. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Well, the right to bear arms I don't find silly. But, anyway, I don't like maps that need gametypes. Makes everything too complicated ;)

11. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

I am...rushed and sloppy with no feel or flow of any type.

12. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

So, wait, did you play it with a group of people yet, or not?

13. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

Listen, I don't have to. I have played enough Halo to know from a Forgethrough what this game will play like. You have too many power weapons/double weapons and the design is not interesting. Sorry, I, like everyone else who has said they do not like it, do not feel this is a good map and I would not force anyone on my friends list to play it.

14. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Then your comments mean nothing to me or anyone else. I agree that yes, to an extent, you can learn a bit about how a map will play through a forgethrough. But only a bit.
    You will see when you play this, that the power weapons are the equal of a BR or an plasma rifle. But, since you're such a stubborn, stuck up, closeminded individual and you won't play it, there is no point in me trying to convince you to or even read your posts.

15. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

Ok...Just played this with 7 other friends...4 of them quit and 2 hate me now. I'd like to say we played an entire game but 3 quit after 22 kills...about 2 minutes. One guy liked it though. He also likes camping on Snowbound and his measure of skill is the ability to crouch and pull the trigger.

Positives:
    Difficult to camp
    No need to be good at aiming
    Constant action
    Never have to worry about ammo...there seems to be a different weapon every 2 meters.

Common complaints:
    Waaaaayy too many grenades.
    Two turrets on a small board=fail.
    Too hard to move around some areas because of uneven floors.
    Constantly jumping.
    Shield doors on a fence box room?!?!
    What's the purpose of the sword again?
    I'm confused...
    Sloppy
    Spawn placement
    Unbalanced
    POWER WEAPONS!! (too many I guess, some just kept screaming it in my mic)
    Whats the point of shield doors if they don't line up? Grenades go right on by.

Summed up (like I said before):
    Difficult to move around on some areas
    Aesthetics are poor
    Very rushed
    No feel/flow
    Too many weapons
    Way too many grenades
    One base seems like a distinct area
    Name fails

16. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Alright, I appreciate the fact that you played the map. I guess that I, as well as the multitudes of other people I have played with, have different playing styles than you and your friends - we find that the map works great.
    Also, if you think there are too many power weapons, that just leads me to assume you don't know how to use an assault rifle or a battle rifle to its fullest.

17. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

This is why I think you don't get it; an AR is not a power weapon and if you take on a power weapon (or a multitude of them) with an AR then you don't know how to play Halo. An unbalanced placement of power weapons would be, for instance, including two turrets on a map oriented at 90deg angles effectively cutting off 2/3 of the board for a looooooong time (Tower of Power?). One good thing is that once a turret ***** is killed and the turret he was carrying (because its not fun to sit on the turret aiming at where people will not go) falls in the middle it is impossible to grab it again in the midst of all the grenades.

I am very good with the BR, thanks. I don't think that the Halo community generally consider AR and BR power weapons (?) able enough to counter a sword in close range combat on a small board or a turret on a direct sight line.

Include a poll in your post and ask them.

18. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

That's the thing. THEY ARE NOT POWER WEAPONS, yet this map is built so that if someone is coming at you with the shotgun, turret, or sword, it is easy enough to take them out with a BR.
    And I don't know what you have against grenades, but I find they're the best weapon to use on any map.

19. BANDiT

BANDiT Ancient

Just let it go...

20. alcapone900

alcapone900 Ancient

ill give it a 3/5