Sandbox Ameliorate

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Brodellsky, May 17, 2009.

1. HaloMike

HaloMike Ancient

So i give a little constructive criticism and everyone goes nuts? I have downloaded and played this map several times. I seems like everytime i got into a vehicle i was almost instantly blown up. That is why i said the power weapons were a little too much. But, that is also the same experience i have online in heavy games, so if that is what your going for i can see that. Is this site a map review site? Or am i only allowed to say "Nice map, great interlocking!"

2. Whero Michael

Whero Michael Ancient

aww you removed the KillBall in the v1.1, was that for more money? i saw you took out a wall from the red 2nd base . saw the geomerged fin etc...some changes made me sad lol like the killball, one of my favorite parts of the map, but maybe it was necessary,

first i gotta download the v1.1 then ill check it ok, so far ive just seen pics

also how come you changed the tunnel roof? or was that money issues too cuz it looked nice. The previous roof was very smooth and connected, and the new one has many gaps in it

I guess most of the changes are aesthetic, I havent felt any major gameplay changes but I've mostly been doing FFA/Team Rockets lol....amazing on this map. (btw yea this is copy pasted from youtube hehe, ill get back to u later with some more feedback)

3. F2P Game7ypes

F2P Game7ypes Ancient
    Banned

nice map i like how you geo-merg your walls.
    i think its a good map for 1 or 2 flag or for bomb. good job make some more maps.

4. NOV3D

NOV3D Ancient

xX-Executioner-Xx

Appearance- 1.4-Work Of Art
    game play- 1-Relaxed
    Originality- 0.3-Resource
    presentation- 0.4-Entertaining

Over all= 3/5

Sorry to say I gave this map a 3/5. It does have great style good weapon placement but there was big problem with red base. It may be smaller but it has a better build and has a missile pod which changed the game play dramaticly. :(

5. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

So what exactly was wrong with Red Base?
    Did you even PLAY the map?

6. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

This is an amazing map chaotic, plain awesome, the forging is some of the best, you pulled off a bunch of aesthetics and incorporated them into the map without flaw, this looks like a great objective map, thank you for putting time into this map as well as your post, highly appreciated, and great job on the map.

5/5

so your saying to take out the missle pod? there are 2 hornets on the map, basicly, missle pods are basicly a neccesity.

#46 R0FLninja, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  7. Chilledyou

Chilledyou Ancient

Beautiful map, the forging and origonallity of this map is great. Most of this map has very unique qualities, and as far as i have seen much hasnt been used before. The interlocking is very smooth and the gameplay is great.

8. stringcheese91

stringcheese91 Ancient

Looks very fun and the sides look balanced and i like nothing better than a balanced map so there are no unfair advantages

9. Whero Michael

Whero Michael Ancient

A better build are you commenting on a girls body or the map

The map is SYMMETRICAL, just because both bases are not mirror images of each other does not make it a symmetrical and unbalanced map, each bases has its own design and layout, and its own ways of being infiltrated....

HOWEVER
    I agree with you somewhat...that Red Base is more easily guarded than Blue Base, but its just a learning curve thing, once you get used to Blue Bases multiple entrances you can defend it well

not only that but them missile pod only shows up in asymetric games :/

10. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Good call.

And Whero Michael, would it be possible if you could add the v1.1 link to the video?

11. Whero Michael

Whero Michael Ancient

Its already on there

12. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Oh well then thanks man.
    Glad you are on top of things :D

13. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

Wow, this looks amzing. The overall design and layout is well done...haha well done. But seriously, I like this map because of the way it looks and there are actual shooting lanes...you turn the corner and there is like a range where you can shoot, not just open landscape. The part where the obelisks are is what I am talking about. Well anyways, great map and keep'm coming!

14. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Was there anything in particular you had a problem with?

Added the map to the map database, which can be viewed here.

#54 Brodellsky, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  15. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I think you should add some sort of ramps up to the Hornets so that you don't have to make a complicated jump up to them every time.

For the red base Hornet, merge a ramp in the back and for the blue base Hornet, interlock a ramp from the inside parts of the base.

16. MatrixedYOU

MatrixedYOU Ancient

Pretty cool map, 4/5

17. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I was definitely thinking about doing that for Red base, but as for Blue, I'm not so sure it would look quite right.
    That and, I would have to redo the entire Hornet Spawn, and re-geomerge it too, and that's a lot of work :p
    But I'll see what I can do about that.
    Anything else?

18. cazking7

cazking7 Ancient

I played 4v4 multi flag on it and it made for some good gameplay, I also like the map for its weapon layout. I wasn't ever stuck using my AR the whole time unlike some maps.