Sandbox Ambience

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Zombiesteve77, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Zombiesteve77

Zombiesteve77 Ancient

[​IMG]
    Auras forever light this abandoned temple. Souls of the slaughtered remain protected... but for how long?

Recommended players:
    4-12
    Supported variants: Everything. (slayer, team slayer, oddball, king of the hill, capture the flag, assualt, territories, juggernaut, infection, VIP)
    Recommended Variants: Team BRs, King of the Hill, Multiflag, One flag, Tank flag, Neutral Assualt, One Bomb, Territories, One sided VIP

Map Description:
    The concept behind Ambience was to make a symmetrical and dynamic map which fully integrated 4 teams into the design. Often maps are created with 2 main bases, attackers and defenders in mind. From my own forging experience and playing other maps, 3rd and 4th teams are sometimes just left as an after-thought and neglected. The idea behind Ambience was to make a map which fully integrated 4 teams to encourage multi-team play again, whilst still being able to play just 2 sided games. I made Ambience support every variant because objective variety is something i really want to encourage. This is a map to play with a group of mates and have competitive fun.

Weapons (latest version updated)

Battle Rifle x 8 (reduced number, spawn times slightly increased)
    Carbine x 2
    Brute Shot x 2
    Needler x2
    SMG x 4
    Spikers x4
    Plasma Rifle x 4
    Plasma Pistol x 2
    Mauler x2
    Rocket x 1
    Frag grenades x 4
    Plasma grenades x 4
    Oversheild x 1
    Bubblesheild x 2

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    Overview

[​IMG]
    Holy Grounds (no pun intended)

[​IMG]
    Red Quarter

[​IMG]
    View looking out from Red Quarter

[​IMG]
    Blue Quarter

[​IMG]
    View looking out from Blue Quarter

[​IMG]
    Connective bridges linking quarters and top centre

[​IMG]
    One view from lower ground

[​IMG]
    Aerial View

Hope that's inspired you to download Ambience and give it a go. :) This might be my last ever forged map so i hope you enjoy it.

<< Download Ambience

#1 Zombiesteve77, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. AlexIsCoool

AlexIsCoool Ancient

Remake the holy ground with columns, the wedges look poor.
    Other than that the map is fun to look at.

I believe a map that has a purpose (such as a holy temple) is more fun to play on.
    (Think the difference between longest and elongation (If you have played Halo CE))

Great job on the aesthetics, I will have to download to know how the gameplay works.

3. Bourbon

Bourbon Ancient

Wow, 12 Battle Rifles? Don't you think that's a tad excessive? That's like, more than one per person, unless you're having a completely full party.

I would cut that down to like 4-6, add two Carbines, and throw in some more variety... like some SMGs, maybe a Needler or two. When you have that many Battle Rifles gameplay gets kind of dry in my opinion.

4. TheBobulator

TheBobulator Ancient

The map looks awesome, but I'd like to see some spawns, it seems that grenade spamming from R to B quarter might be a problem. other than that, nice aesthetics and forging!

Also, really? 12 BRs? cut it down, just like ^ that guy says, maybe add a shotty or something to each base? i'd personally like to see varying styles of carnage. Good Luck!

#4 TheBobulator, Jun 11, 2009
  5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance Ancient

This looks like a very nice map, the only thing I was wondering is if it would be to small for a game with more than two teams, it would be fun though cus I like kinda chaotic games. It also kinda reminds me of some halo 2 maps.

6. Zombiesteve77

Zombiesteve77 Ancient

Thank you and others for the feedback about the weapons. Ive updated the map and given more weapon variety. Ive updated the weapon list.

Thank you. Ive tested Ambience this isnt really a problem. The large steps in each quarter and the column/sheilded front protect against grenade spamming.

#6 Zombiesteve77, Jun 11, 2009
  7. The Stickmen

The Stickmen Ancient

This would make a fun multiteam map with the four symmetrical bases. Looks pleasing and I would definately download. I like the way the center structure looks I wouldn't change a thing to that (as the guy posted above)

I would cut down on some br's. Unless your going for an MLG map, I would change some of those up as well. Possibly a shotgun or two and definately about 6 br's and maybe 2 or so Carbines. Otherwise why not just have a BR start? Same thing basically.

8. Zombiesteve77

Zombiesteve77 Ancient

Thanks for the comment. I thought the center structure was acceptable too. Having tested and played Ambience, it makes virtually no difference to gameplay. Ive updated the weapons to give more variety, BR numbers have been reduced and BR spawn times increased a bit for balance.

It would be good to also get some feedback from people who have played Ambience.