MLG Amalgam

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by SecretSchnitzel, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map plays amazingly with Team Oddball and Territories, my only complaint is that in Territories, I think the middle hill should be in the gold room, because it felt VERY underused. And the walkway cover tower is perfectly positioned to keep snipers on the snipe tower from raining fire on the Evade spawn, it annoyed me, but helps the gameplay hugely. However, my favorite game was CTF on Perseverance, it played amazingly, except for the one-way shield door lift in the purple base... I also noticed that Amalgam looks like Guardian and Perseverance looks like Narrows. Or is it just me? haha. Anyways great map, I expect to see it on the front page anytime now. <3

2. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Territories has definitely grown on me. The way it promotes movement and team set ups was very dynamic and kept the match heated.

I debated the hill being in Gold, but then game play gets really campy and slows down considerably. :(
    With it being top center its very open and further promotes team work (set ups) to control the map as the only way your going to hold top center is if you control the map.
    While the tower may block LoS to Red Car from S3, you can just as easily reposition yourself to take the shot. S3 is a powerful position, especially considering that the sniper spawns there, so its important to nerf the over powering LoS possibility that it could have.
    All my maps are inspired by aspects of other maps, however, I blend the elements together in such a manner that they really become their own stand alone creations.

#22 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  3. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

Really? I could not seem to find a shot from S3 to Red Car. hah, I clearly suck :p. I was fail sniper today... And btw, I hope that by "Glad to have played with yall tonight. Hope to do it again some time," you mean some time SOON. That was the most fun I have had on Reach yet.

4. SecretSchnitzel

Well, not from the S3 plat exactly, but a little ways down the ramp should give you the shot.
    I do host custom lobbies pretty much every night so your always more than welcome to join.

#24 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 14, 2010
  5. Drummerboi420

Drummerboi420 Forerunner

Hey just got done playing some FFA matches on this and I was overjoyed with how this played! I especially like the Sniper tower, My suggestion is to knock out the RED platform you have and make another tower there. Also I would say lose the shotgun! Evade too because it makes MLG into Elite Slayer which is :(

#25 Drummerboi420, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. SecretSchnitzel

Oh drummer, you joke too much. :p
    I might drop the clip to the shotgun, but it's staying for sure.

Version 2.0 is in the works. Currently in testing phases, should have it up some time soon.

#26 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 16, 2010
  7. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

You showed me version 2 yesterday, and I've got to say, although I haven't actually played it with the changes, i can tell they are all going to be beneficial and improve gameplay, especially the change to sniper lift.

I love this map so imma gunna go nominate it for FHF. In a bizzle.

8. SecretSchnitzel

Version 2 has taken even more changes since you saw it last. Opened up a lot of space, revamped some walk ways, moved some walls... Its a whole new beast.

#28 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 16, 2010
  9. Bleuprint

Bleuprint Forerunner

I'm liking the changes made in v2 from the look around. I think it could play even better with them, though gameplay has always been awesome each time we played this map. Looking forward to seeing how v2 plays and I nominated this for FHF IV, of course!

10. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

I nominated it for FHF IV as well. It'll be a sure-win. Have you made any updates since I played it last, btw? Last time I played you added the drop to S1 from S3- which I loved, great addition. And the new lift by Red Car (That's what you called it, anyway) helped a lot... Well, once I realized that it was there. Its kinda of un-noticable. Other than that, amazing map. It gets better everytime.

#30 Erupt, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  11. Dart3rocks

Dart3rocks Forerunner

Map was great, no screen lag, no z mapping, it has enough open space to manuver yet enough cover to hide and recover for a second overall this map is great everything about it has shown me a great deal of what a true map should be.

12. SecretSchnitzel

Version 2 is now released!
    Changes:

• Sniper moved from S3 to Blue Door
    • Snipe Lift now has mancannons (for sounds)
    • Snipe Lift now a one way lift
    • Drop down from S3 to S1 added
    • Jump from S1 to Elbow added
    • Shotgun clip reduced
    • Red Side reworked, now deeper, and features easy jump up and drop down between R1 and R2
    • Shotty (Green Jump) stream lined
    • Corner between Red and Gold expanded
    • Snipe Ramp expanded
    • Bridge between Elbow and Red expanded

What this means: Essentially, there is now a noticeably larger play space. Red is now more in balance with the rest of the map and all the major ramps now are less "crowded" than before.
    The sniper is now located in a more fair spawn that is does not grant either team an advantage over the other. The snipe tower
    All these changes augment game play significantly, resulting in a more balanced, fast paced and free flowing experience.

Download Here

(Or click the link in the initial post)

#32 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 16, 2010
  13. Bleuprint

Bleuprint Forerunner

Really love the v2 settings, especially jump from snipe1 to elbow. The gameplay felt a lot better, an improvement on an already excellent map.

14. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

V2 is the sheeeeeiiiit. I haven't played customs on it yet unlike with V1, but I think every change you made is a significant improvement - and I really liked the map before.

15. SecretSchnitzel

Oh yeah, I'm totally feeling this one. Been spending a lot of time checking out the competition maps for the MLG submission btw... Its gonna be close, but I'm fairly positive I'm gonna nail it with this. The bulk of the good submissions are all too segmented and large for MLG play in my opinion. I mean, seriously, what's MLG without set ups and team shotting? :(

#35 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 17, 2010
  16. Nyte

Nyte Forerunner

i have not played on the v2 and i want to soon dammit! if i dont play on it this weekend, im burning bleuprint's house down.

17. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night

Good to see v2 up and running. Hopefully I'll get a few games in, and hopefully this'll get into v3. I was glad to be able to help.

18. SecretSchnitzel

Oi! Not banned yet. But I'm sure my luck is close to expiring. :p

19. SecretSchnitzel

Finally got some games in. ;)

It will definitely have a v3. Gonna drop the tower hanging above blue side and make a few minor aesthetic changes for it. I'll let every one know when its posted.

What I'm really considering is changing the evade spawn time from MLG settings to spawning every 2 minutes. That sucker can really wreak havoc on this man.

#39 SecretSchnitzel, Dec 20, 2010
  20. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

This is a solid map you got here schnitzel, i like the general layout, the map flows well and played well for 3 plots. I enjoyed playing with the mlg settings. The jump pad in the middle is always a nice touch, i like the middle area in general it reminds me of guardian. Overall very good job on this one.