Alleyway V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Mearm, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

Alleyway V2

Map made by Mearm. 2-10 players. Use with any gametype.
    This is the remake of my first post on Forgehub, Alleyway. If you have seen my other posts, you should know that I did make a remake of this map already called Building Brawl, and someone will comment about that for sure. Building Brawl was a remake of Alleyway, but it was a complete remake, with its own design and traits. This remake is Alleyway, but changed around a little bit to fix some flaws.
    New weapons on the map include: a needler, a brute shot, 2 battle rifles, and 2 assault rifles have been removed from the map. (These were the assault rifles in the base, they have been replaced by battle rifles)
    New equipment on the map includes: 2 frags, 2 plasma grenades, a deployable cover and a regenerator.
    [​IMG]
    First off, all of the overview shots are of what is new on the map. In this shot, you should notice that the turrets have been removed. They were too close together, and were too powerful for a small map like this. You can see explosives in this picture, but we'll get to that in the next screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    This shot shows the explosives that I added to this map. In V1, I got a suggestion to add explosives to key parts of the map, so I did just that. Exposives are useful as well as dangerous, so remember to stay at some distance from the fusion coils.
    [​IMG]
    This is a new area on the map. I incorporated the back hallway of Foundry into the map to add a little more space. this area is cluttered, so a shotgun will be effective here. This particular picture is of the defender's side of the hallway. Not much has been added to this part of the map, except for the fact that the SMGs in the bases are moved here.
    [​IMG]
    Looking down the hallway, you can see a BR will not be useful in this part of the map. Relying on your CQB combat will be a neccesity, and remember to take advantage of the explosives. There is a frag, a plasma grenade, and a deployable cover in this half of the hallway.
    [​IMG]
    This is the attacker's half of the hallway. In this part, the SMGs have been moved here like in the other base, but the design of each of the bases are different. By the way, Infection still works with this map, although the teleporters are used for more than just Infection now.
    [​IMG]
    The attacker's side is much more open than the defender's side, but still not very useful for BRs. There are more explosives in this section as well. There is a frag, a plasma grenade, and a regenerator in this part of the map.
    Action Shots
    [​IMG]
    It takes skill to snipe in such close quarters.
    [​IMG]
    Explosives in use. Fun for almost everyone.
    [​IMG]
    There will be no grenade spamming across the hallway in this part of the map.
    [​IMG]
    Why do I always pick the worse weapon here?
    [​IMG]
    For those of you who never figured out where the secret camping spot was, now you know. It can be very useful.

Credits
    Alright, this map seems to have gotten alot of downloads since I first posted it here. It seems like people liked this map alot. Funny how none of my other maps have gotten as many downloads, but some have come close (The Lab). Thanks to Parune for taking pictures with me and thanks to Forge Hub for showing me what to do to make my map better.

Here is a link to the map:
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=56589892
    And here is a link to the original Forge Hub post of V1, check out the differences!:
    http://www.forgehub.com/forum/competitive-maps/33425-alleyway.html

2. Mr. Whitestain83

This map actually looks really good, i like how you added all the details in the hallways too, maybe you shouldnt have that camping spot though?
    Either way its a great map and has very clean interlocking. 4.5/5
    I hope you make more maps if they are as good as this.

3. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

I couldn't really help having the camping spot. Besides, you have to grenade jump to get up, and don't you think someone would see you by then? Either way, its there, so you can use it at your own risk.

4. B E A S TLY BR

B E A S TLY BR Ancient

really well done i like the hallway extention.

5. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

You know, this map actually impresses me a good deal. It doesn't necessarily incorporate brand new ideas, but it executes the original concept beautifully. I love the long walkways on the upper ground outside, for one. The explosives feel well-placed, not too powerful, but always a nagging danger in the back of your mind. The inside, though, really shines. From the prettifying barrels and crates to the brilliant addition of shield doors, everything works together to create a nicely balanced feel. Oh, and your post is very pretty and informative.

I give this map and poster a smiling two thumbs up. Bravo.

6. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

Thanks for the comment. I always thought this was my best map.

7. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

wow, i loved alleyway v1, but this thing is amazing, the main problems i had with the first one: mobility, interlocking, and spawn placements, were completely and utterly fixed. nice job making an orgasmic map even more sexually pleasing. and THANK YOU for making it bigger, because now i can play it with more than 3 people.

8. De Wy El Ay En

De Wy El Ay En Ancient

Hmm, i never remember seeingv1 of this but im guessing that v2 was a huge improovement.

I noticed that the interlocking is a bit sloppy in some areas, sora just looks thrown together.. i do see good weapon placemen, geomerging and also what looks to be like great gameplay!

Overall Rating:7/10
    "Interlocking Needs Improovement."

9. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

Glad to see people remember V1. More than 3 people huh? Seems to me like this could be played with at least 4 vs 4, considering the added area.

10. spectraltravis

spectraltravis Ancient

oh ya i remember alley way it was a prety cool map so im gonna download this one for sure :)

11. The Boris Way

The Boris Way Ancient

Nice map, I like the idea of added actual alleyways to the map, instead of a conglomeration of alleyways. I like the shield door placement in the middle of the added area and that you were acualy willing to use that area, which is surprising. This could be, and probably is, one of the only map that utilizes other things in foundry other than its blank slate in the middle.

12. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

The back hallway is used by some people, it's just that the hallway is very cramped and can't be used in many different ways. Also, other people use the back hallway, not just me.