Airsoft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr Pokephile, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

Those are both on the list, just not at the top. My next purchase will be my GBB, a KJW M9. and then a vest.

2. Demonic Bunnies

Demonic Bunnies Ancient

I recently played with some friends in some random woods. It was fun, but I was the only one without an automatic. I have this falling-apart Springloader M4 or something. Shoots 400 FPS, but that doesn't make up for how terrible it is...

3. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

I seriously doubt your M4 springer shoots 400fps. God people, stop over estimating your FPS to try and make your gun seem better.

Request for this thread to be re-stickied...

4. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

Yeh, there aren't any m4 springers out there that shoot 400 fps, but if you got it from some sporting goods store then they like to lie and chronograph the gun with .12g bbs instead of .20s If there were such a gun it would rip it self apart though I do know of some people custom modding theres with a slightly stronger spring and a tightbore.

Oh and, when did it become unstickied?

5. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

So I got the barrel and hop-up rubber yesterday. They're both extremely nice. And my accuracy has improved greatly. And I also have a slight FPS boost from it aswell.

6. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

So it turns out the battery Pyramyd Air sent me was a 1200mAh Intellect. Very nice battery. I noticed a change in the responsiveness of the trigger on Semi, and the ROF improved on Full compared to Bl00D's stock battery.

7. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

I just got my cousin's camera charged so here are some new pics. Sorry about the blurriness, I'm a bad photographer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron sight pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the last tooth on the piston has been chipped off.
    [​IMG]

I used the old white crayon method to color in the safe, semi and auto marks but used red on auto to put in a little personal touch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

Slashe, that looks sooo nice, I'm jealous of you for having the M4... I'm painting the XM8 black tmrw with some Krylon Camoflauge Ultra-Flat Black. Getting sick of the grey...

9. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

Hey, what's the best Spring Sniper rifle I can get for under 200 bucks?

I'm looking to buy a MAUSER SR Pro-Tactical Rifle.

Any suggestions?

10. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

First of all, Sniping in airsoft is not fun unless you plan on dumping over $1000 into a $500 gun. Any spring sniper rifle under $200 will have less or the same range as everybody's AEGs, and only be single shot. Plus the accuracy won't be as good as it could be.

If you're getting into Airsoft, get an AEG first, because that is the role you will have the most fun playing. Once you've got your AEG, and sidearm, and gear. Then you should start thinking about maybe getting a gun to play a different role, and if you're going to get a Sniper Rifle, get a CA M24 or TM VSR-10. Anything you can get new under $200 will be absolute ****. Also, in airsoft/real life the role of a sniper isn't to shoot targets from afar, it's to scout ahead and report on enemy movement and size. Only if they absolutely need to do they fire their weapon, and even then it's only 1 or 2 shots. Plus you better have a Ghillie suit (and don't buy one, make it yourself.), a radio to the rest of your squad, and ALOT of patience. Not to mention the hours you will spend adjusting your hop-up and sighting in your scope.

So what's the best Spring Sniper Rifle for under $200? in short, IT DOESN'T EXIST. If you really want to be able to reach out and touch someone, go buy an M16A4 and throw a scope on it, or a G3 and throw a scope on it. And play the role of the Designated Marksman.

11. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

/\ Well said, and even if you do get an m16 or g3 you're still going to need to upgrade the hell out of that and stick to semi because on 500 fps setups version 2 gearboxes don't last very long. This also means you'll have to keep replacing things. DMR's are NOT cheap.
    A Dmr Is Not Cheap, neither is a sniper.

If you're really crazy about getting a sniper look here: What sniper rifle should I buy? A comprehensive guide (WIP) -09/10 Update-
    Maintenance:
    Maintenance Guide for Spring Sniper Rifles
    Effective shooting

#131 SlasheI2, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  12. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

13. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I've got an M4 almost identical to Slashe's, then I've got a S&W 320 (something like that). Although my favorite is my AK47.

14. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

Sexy paintjob you got there, I've always had a thing for futuristic guns but since 3 of my friends all have g36's I went with the m4.

And amoeba, what brand is yours because it's not identical just because it's an m4, never judge a gun by it's cover. There are like a hundred airsoft m4's on the market today and ics, systema, and the celcius clone of systema are the only ones with 2 piece gearboxes.

15. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I can't name it off the top of my head, but it looks similar. It fires a good ~420 FPS. (not a dude who knows airsoft too much)

16. RackemWillie77

RackemWillie77 Ancient

1:1 scale full metal cherry wood Ak-47 400fps
    high cap 600 round mag. I <3 it :p
    I'm planning on buying a JG m4 s-system advanced version soon
    [​IMG]

#136 RackemWillie77, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  17. Saberwing 9875

Saberwing 9875 Ancient

High-caps are for pussies. I bought ten 30rd mags for my XM8.

18. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

I have an Echo 1(stfu) M16 DMR with a smexy ACOG on it, and I DO plan on dumping a load of money onto a sniper, with spring, Mechbox(Do Spring Sniper rifles even have mechboxes?), Tight-bore barrels, and such.

I have been playing airsoft for a while, and I am currently making a Ghillie suit, and have adjusted my sights extensively.

I also got my rifle for $250, and put at least another 200 into for upgrades

#138 XxSpix, Apr 18, 2009
  19. RackemWillie77

RackemWillie77 Ancient

Well It really doesn't make a difference. It's better for CQB games. I go to some sponsored by Kapowee in texas. The most recent one was a CQB in a hospital in sugarland. But as I was saying, it really helps when you don't have much space seperating you from the enemy (reloading usually gets you out in CQB) I haev played these quite a bit of times I'm not new to airsoft and using high-cap isn't for pussies, it's for ppl who are smart and know how to play in different situations I use normal 30rd mags for field operations.

20. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Now I know nothing about Airsoft apart from basically what it is and how it's played, don't know anyone irl who plays it and it doesn't appear to really be a thing over in the UK, if it is then it isn't nearly as known as it seems to be in the US.

BUT, I saw this and just had to post:

I was glancing over Bungie.net and saw something titled "The RFID Skull project". I was intrigued to say the least. Checking out this news article rewarded this interest with something unnecessarily hardcore yet still super kewl.

Basically some guy has made a scale Oddball from Halo 3 for use in Airsoft games. It identifies players via RFID tags and keeps a record of exactly how long it is held by each player as long as you hold it in the right position. Real life Oddball? That's right.

Bungie Blog article

Original page of the guy who made it

Now obviously some aspects are missing; forced slower speed when holding the ball and lack of a waypoint over the player holding the ball. But considering that this is for use in Airsoft, hardly the same as Halo 3, and the obvious fact that such inclusions would be far from possible (the fact that you have to hold it with both hands is a step in the right direction though, making being the ball guy a more restricting experience as it should be), I think it's pretty damn sweet. Airsoft always looked quite cool and fun, but with this, well I just want in :p.

#140 Pegasi, Apr 18, 2009