Airsoft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr Pokephile, Feb 23, 2009.

1. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

Really? 800 fps is a lot. What brand is it and why type of ammo did you use? Plus, how much was it and did you upgrade it yourself.

I hope you have a minimum engagement distance because you could kill someone with that thing.

2. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Ancient

I'm looking to get into this but lack of funds and, more importantly, laws over here mean I can't start until at least next June. There's an airsoft centre near where I live so that will be all well and good when I need to get set up for the membership thing we need in order to purchase guns. Again another round-a-bout pain in the rear rule but hey if its go to be done.

I like both paintball and airsoft. I've looked about and noticed I can pick up my first set of gear for about the same price for; only benefit for paintball is I could buy it now rather then next year. However, airsofts more realistic nature intrests me more (the guns mainly).

So any tips for starting up. I'm looking at picking up a paintball, full enclosed helm. I don't entirely mind getting shot in the back of the head but I'd rather avoid it. As for guns:

Either

G36C

or a Minimi (SAW to some of you)

Any suggestions on better starting kit, perferably at a resonable price range (not above £300 for a gun I suppose).

3. FUFHA

FUFHA Ancient

if your looking for a good gun, you have to get one online.
    to get a good look at alot of weapons and to find one that u might want to buy, go to Airsoft Guns SHORTY USA but dont buy from them because they are uber expensive. go to arsoftatlanta or airsoftgi to buy em.

4. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

tom, if you live in the UK I'm guessing then you also need a rif license or something like that and need to be a frequent player. I'm not really sure about how that works so here's a thread all bout it that you can read and ask questions about. Board Message
    p.s. you need to sign up for the forum to go anywhere first but that's a very good place to start. hehe, I'm vacationing in scotland right now in livingston but I heard bad news that airsoft is going to be banned here.

and yes, shorty usa is a rip off site that makes fake reviews to make people buy them then find out it's crap.

so first start out if you can even play first before buying a gun you can't use. hop this helped kinda :)

5. jeffyrcool

jeffyrcool Ancient

I have a crappy little pistol called a sig sauer but it hurts alot. here's a story on how it saved my ass once.

me and some friends were having a war. It was me, my brother and two neighbors. I was with my friend Preston and it was vs my brother andy and his friend cole. we agreed to us having pistols (the same kind i mentioned earlier) and they had an Automatic with a scope and a shotgun. well, we battled it out in my house and the surrounding woods. Preston and I were hidden in a treehouse my dad built when i was a kid. they come storming out on bikes and were shhooting the **** out of us. I took Prestons gun and knocked them off there bikes and they ran away like pusses. needless to say we won

6. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm looking for an assault rifle, preferably between 100$-200$. If it's the first one, suggestion some things to add such as grips, lights, scopes etc would be helpful.

I've been searching sites such as Airsoftgi and airsplat, and I can't find anything I really like, or would trust without reviews from people I actually believed.

7. RackemWillie77

RackemWillie77 Ancient

A good gun to get for your price range would be the G&G Combat Machine M4. It's one of the guns I use and is very effective. The range and power of it is great, especially with my red dot sight. It isn't metal, but the carbon fiber they use feels like it. it's like $150 I think, so it's a good deal. I would buy a good Noveske RIS for it so you can put a grip and sight on it if you'd like.

8. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Oh they were incredibly lightweight. With a .20 BB, the gun fires at around 675 FPS and about 500 FPS with .40s