Sandbox Air Wars

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by LonG ShoT, Jul 20, 2009.

1. LonG ShoT

LonG ShoT Ancient

Air WARS

The Reason For This Map is For The sole purpose of having fun in a banshee/Hornet while playing Slayer and also CTF. You Start off with a plasma pistol and a SMG as your secondary for the sole purpose that they take down air units like a champ.

NEED PLAYTESTERS

Weapons On Map:
    (4) Brute Shot
    (3) Fuel Rod Cannons
    (1) Rocket Launcher With 2 Extra Shot
    (1) Spartan Laser

vehicles:
    (1) Hornet Transport
    (1) Hornet
    (2) Banshees

Gametypes Supported:
    Slayer
    CTF

SPECS:
    Red and blue bases are exactly the same
    there are 5 pillars that do not look alike
    and two side bases

There were only a few tough things about this is map the fact that someone has to fly you when you have the flag.

MAP
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    SLAYER GAMETYPE
    CTF GAMETYPE

Side
    [​IMG]
    Middle
    [​IMG]
    Bases
    [​IMG]

2. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

im really getting sick of these maps, its seems like every person needs to post there own version of one. Next time try adding some new thing that makes it unique and not just the same old same old

3. Dak393

Dak393 Ancient

Not all maps need interlocking but I think it could really help your map out especially with that ring of doubleboxes. Make the pillars symmetrical or at least some what symmetrical and I think you should make a path across the map so that it is possibly to make it across on foot even if it is difficult.

4. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

don't use walls as a ground it's a little bumpy the bases look a little bland and somethings could be done to it and the middle looks sloppy 2.5/5 trying to be nice...

5. LonG ShoT

LonG ShoT Ancient

I didnt no anyone else built one i was basically building for the ****s and giggles of life but everyone is so serious i was just trying to have fun with a casual map

6. MattKestrel

MattKestrel Ancient

Haha, I think the map in my sig is another example of this concept being done too much... :3 But hence, I've got an idea of some things you could work on in case you were revising this.

• Provide some cover at the front of the base, and have vehicles enter and exit at the back. This stops people from spawn camping your vehicles and dominating the game, whilst giving people on foot a little more respite.
    • If you can hit anyone in mid air with a rocket launcher or fuel rod gun, the pilot's comatose. Of course, getting kills with these from a hornet is pretty sweet, but maybe a missile pod would be handy, perhaps in the middle of the map? Or one at each base. Just so the foot soldiers have a chance
    • Equipment's always good for shits and giggles; power drains can actually work well against aircraft if you can lure them near you, or a banshee into a splatter-frenzy. And killing an aircraft with a trip mine would be legendary.
    • This last point's kind of trivial, but try and have some structure floating in the air, so that aircraft can go underneath them without getting killed. It adds a whole load of tactical options.
    That said, if you want me to help playtest this more thoroughly, I'd be happy to help. *no mic*