Air Turrets

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Kebbin11, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Kebbin11

Kebbin11 Ancient

One turret.....to rule them all.....Air turrets is a map on sandtrap. There are four floating platforms, wich each have turrets on them. The objective is to shoot the others down, either killing them, or making them fall off the platforms. the last one alive, or on the platforms, wins. After 45 sec a rocket launcher apears on one of the platforms, that lucky one can shoot the rockets at the platforms, causing the othe player to fall. Here are some pictures

Three of the four platforms
    [​IMG]

They float by being set atop portals
    [​IMG]

There is a recommended gametype for it, you have 300% armor and no recharging sheilds, and....your purple...no reason really.

The map
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

The game
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

2. Zowabashi

Zowabashi Ancient

Ok, the days of maps like this are long over. This isn't original at all, and isn't special. I'm sorry for coming down on you hard like this, but this would literally take me 5 minutes to make. On the other hand, The 45 second rocket spawn is kind of a good idea, but there is still nothing that would make this stand out.

Sorry, but it is a 1/5 from me.

3. philthyphillup

philthyphillup Ancient

ill give it a dl with a 4/5. its nice to see a non foundry map!

zowabashi, dont start bashing until your better that who your bashing.

4. drak

drak Ancient

try and add more cover, could be made on any map, and maybe the occasional hiccup (idk like a bubble shield or something!)

5. Blue Pariot

Blue Pariot Ancient

Well imma DL cuz im extremely tired and want to play a map where I can relax (floating in the air on a turret and killing every1= relaxation). 1/5 and a DL from me.

6. buzzimu

buzzimu Ancient

so, what do they spawn up there? im sorry, im not going to be as harsh as the other person here, but i do find that a little boring.

7. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

ehh the map is a good idea but it would be even cooler if you had one team on those and another in banshees

8. b0ng0fr33

b0ng0fr33 Ancient

it might be a fun map for once or twice, but ill dl to see if im wrong, 3.5/5. at least you didnt make this on foundry =p

9. Kebbin11

Kebbin11 Ancient

Yeah i was thinking of puting turrets in a circle, and banshees would fly around trying to shoot them down

10. ThPerfectDrug77

ThPerfectDrug77 Ancient

ok, dude. i don't even know zowabashi, and i would blindly bet anyone in this thread fifty bucks that he could make something at least remotely more interesting in under thirty minutes.

come on people! forgehub is supposed to be about setting a higher bar for forge maps! what's this? stuff floats, hooray. it's a good trick, but its not something you base an entire map off of, or at least not this poorly. idk how you even get to the turrets, but i wouldn't want to. once you're there you just shoot at each other till someone dies. the rockets are maybe the best idea there, and even that's being generous seeing as how they'll spawn on the same box every time.

i'm sorry to sound like an asshole, cause i know i do. but somebody's gotta say it. this is a bungie.net forums map. not a forgehub map.

11. Kebbin11

Kebbin11 Ancient

Did i say it was special, cus i dont recall saying that...and idgaf if it would take you five mins cuz it did take me five minutes

12. Own3dyoo

Own3dyoo Ancient

just cause its non foundry doesnt make it necessarily that good

no offense dude but it looks like a 5 min make
    you get a 1/5 from me :(

13. Kebbin11

Kebbin11 Ancient

[/quote]come on people! forgehub is supposed to be about setting a higher bar for forge maps! what's this? stuff floats, hooray. it's a good trick, but its not something you base an entire map off of, or at least not this poorly. idk how you even get to the turrets, but i wouldn't want to. once you're there you just shoot at each other till someone dies. the rockets are maybe the best idea there, and even that's being generous seeing as how they'll spawn on the same box every time.

i'm sorry to sound like an asshole, cause i know i do. but somebody's gotta say it. this is a bungie.net forums map. not a forgehub map.[/quote]

its not like forgehub is this high and ****ing mighty thing you know. Its a place where people post maps they make. I seem to like simple maps like this cuz me and my FRIENDS can mess around with them. I just posted it on here cuz i thought maybe some other people, like me, would just like to mess around. You dont have to be so ****ing serious about everything, its ****ing halo, not goddamn rocket science

14. brendanxboy

brendanxboy Ancient

Kebbin,calm down,you dont have to start heavy swearing here buddy,its not like he has fun bashing everyone he sees,hes just saying,its a simple,easy to make map,if people kept putting up maps like these forgehub would eventually become a website full of floating turrets with occasionally spawning explosive weapons,and plus,the rockets wouldnt knock them down,just the box,they would still be floating on the turrets,and the only reason i would purposely get off mine would be if i died or if i was on the rocket platform.And by the way,hes not being that serious,hes just stating a fact,and that fact is,its a simple,unoriginal map.and im sorry that i sound like an asshole in that last sentence,but you dont have to swear at me just because i state my opinion.

15. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Hes not serious,chill out.
    Since when do you attack someone for pointing out the obvious
    They say its a simple map.
    IT IS
    They say its unoriginal
    IT IS (sorry but it is)
    Turrets are immovable so you wont get knocked off if a platofrm goes,youll just float on your turret so they say its slightly flawed.
    IT IS
    And while yes your perfectly within your rights to post this but why the hell bother wasting your fileshare spot on a map no one will "really" download becuase frankly i could make this map faster than it would take to download to my xbox....sorry but its true.

16. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

nothing really special or great about this map but i cant complain so its ikay. maybe if it was out a year ago

17. Zowabashi

Zowabashi Ancient

OK KEBBIN!!! Why would you rep someone down?

Yes Supa Midget is right, it is a waste of a fileshare slot. You think that this is fun to mess around on, but really it isn't worth space on a fileshare or an Xbox. Sorry, but please don't rep people down and then get pissy because they tell you the truth about something!!!