Air Raid: Gunship vs. Carrier

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by JackalAnubis, May 17, 2008.

1. Orange

Orange Ancient

well it looks good but i have some questions
    1. In territoriest doesnt one team spwan one the gunship, so in territories wouldnt they get it easier, if the dont who is guarding the gunship from taking it over
    2. do you do 1 sided ctf

Suggestion!

load the bomb room in asult with fusion coils but keep a clear path to the bomb placer

4/5 until i play it good job though looks like it took alot of sving and quiting

2. Zoolader m83

Zoolader m83 Ancient

very cool looking

3. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Isn't this Dynatang's map?
    Or are you Dynatang?

4. Dynamic Echo

Dynamic Echo Ancient

An excellent map for fun times with lots of mates. It is nicely made and imaginitive. Well done sir.

5. JackalAnubis

JackalAnubis Ancient

awesome! thanks for the excellent feedback man!

well I have to say when I made this map I had basically dial up internet so I never got a decent chance to playtest it for balance, which really sucks because I also never got to play a big match with it.

I just might consider making a new ship map, I had another idea floating around in my head, but I've been busy with a new job the past few months and haven't had much time or interest in forging, I'll give you a heads up if I go ahead and construct it, because you've given the best feedback I've gotten for any map!

oh, and as a side note it seems you played it on ctf, while the game was built more for territories, with other gametypes as additional

6. JackalAnubis

JackalAnubis Ancient

raaaaaaaagegegageagegrgargagragrgagreagaegae

7. Kaos Dinsy

Kaos Dinsy Ancient

I love this map, i had a party of 15 playing it yesterday... and boy oh boy it was fun. deffending was my fav thing.

9.5/10 without any questions!

8. ITheWidowMaKeRI

ITheWidowMaKeRI Ancient

Cool looking map you have my dl.

9. STEClash96

STEClash96 Ancient

I'm going to download, This is super cool!! I seen the one that MLG Ninja edited on, I knew he did'nt make that, I said to myself, I have seen this map somewhere else, But where? And I seen your post, Jackal Anubis, He deserved to be banned. I'm deleting the one he edited and Downloading the real Air Raid.

10. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Air Raid

Hey j great job on this map man. You may remember me as the guy that tweaked your frozen towers map (I added the gaurd gate) amazing aesthetic on this map man. Especially on the battle cruiser, but it looked like you rushed on building the carrier. So of course....

Carrier

[​IMG][/center]

I took the whole thing apart and rebuilt it. I also built a third vehicle (kind of like a landing craft for ground vehicles and weapons it also has a chopper gun turret like the new carrier.

[​IMG][/center]

It has a whole backstory and gametype that I'm still creating. Send me a friend request. I have quite a few people that like big team maps (we play your tower map all the time) and with big team being retired in matchmaking sept 16 I want to put together a solid group to play 8 on 8 custom maps. MRX

Here's a construction shot.

[​IMG][/center]

I used dbl boxes to create a base platform and shield doors to measure and line up objects. Its a shame the budget glitch was dead I could have done more. Especially i had the filters. I would have mixed gloomy and juicy for a night map or old timey and it would have looked like an alien planet.