Air Installation V1.1 BETA Version

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by MikeyGeordie, Nov 14, 2012.

1. MikeyGeordie

MikeyGeordie Promethean

Air Installation Delta V1.1b

Created by Mike (Mikeygeordie)

Map Description
    Second Map I've ever made, Symmetrical and fairly balanced with very little chance for dominant strategy. Tried and tested in 4-8 player slayer and slayer objective matches.

Overall View
    [​IMG]

One of Four Man Cannons
    [​IMG]

Banshee areas under Main Battle Area
    [​IMG]

One Of Two Bases
    [​IMG]

Overhead view from One Of Two Bases
    [​IMG]

Many thanks to my close friends, as offline players, who helped me to find the strategic flaws in this thus far. Let's see if you guys can further this map!

2. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I have a couple of problems:
    Two banshees does not seem like a good idea
    The aesthetics are not very good and the map over all is not very pleasing to look at
    It's in halo Reach. You should probably just waited to remake this map in Halo 4 and make it then. Not many people will play it because not many people play reach anymore

3. MikeyGeordie

MikeyGeordie Promethean

Thank you for the critique. You think I should keep vehicles out entirely? As for the aesthetics, I suppose I can spend some time on it for the next version. I realise Halo 4 is around now but alot of my friends prefer Reach Multiplayer and I can't afford Halo 4.

So I shall further this map and release Version 2.0 hopefully very soon! Again, thanks for your critique and I hope you're around to check out the next release :)

Mike

4. DeStarfighter

DeStarfighter Forerunner

I think HissingWings gave you some pretty harsch critigue, sooooo. . . i thought that i would try to do the same but be a little more constructive (some critique for you, Mr.Hissing).

something I like about this map is the pillars that connect the structure to the water, Thats a nice thing to add to give you map a moore realistic feel. A tip for future maps and if youre going for a V2 of this one is to first come up with a purpose for the structure. Is it som kind of researsch facility, factory, ancient machine or whatever, if you base your leveldesign on that idea the aesthetics could automatically get alot better.

good luck to you good sir!