Air Assault

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by shadow0324, Dec 10, 2007.

1. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

Download Map Here: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    Download Variant Here: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

pretty simple territory game. 1 territory to capture which is high above the large structure on Sandtrap. 4 rounds 3 minutes each best 6v6 but works from 4v4 to 8v8.

Attacking team gets 2 hornets and 4 banshees (with the minimums set high so they respawn quick) all spawning on the opposite side of the map

Defending team has a missile pod, lots of rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and Sentinel beams.

lots of fun-fully tested and pretty balanced (the only unbalancing thing is that if the defending team grabs a vehicle(surprising there is no way to turn that off) but rarely happens because the only way an attacking team member gets off his vehicle is if hes dead and usually the vehicle explodes with them.
    The Attacking Starting Point
    [​IMG]
    Defending position
    [​IMG]
    The Flag
    [​IMG]
    Carnage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

have fun
    Download Map: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    Download Variant: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    feedback would be great

#1 shadow0324, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  2. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

Re: Air Assault New Map/game

The concept looks good, but I can see this becoming a one team domination. Which ever team gets the first kills whens kind of game.
    I would make it have seperate rounds so that this doesn't happen.

Of course you may have already done this because you may have read my mind.

3. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

yeah its rounds but in the testing it was never 1 team dominating. its a pretty hard territory to capture because no 1 vehicle stays in the air long. you usually have to go in all together blasting at the ground and hopefully 1 of you gets by and can stay in the area

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I think it's a good idea. Where exactly is the territory to capture though?

5. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

above the large structure.
    [​IMG]
    its pretty big too so you cant just fly by it

6. jake2k3

jake2k3 Ancient

About what you said in your first post about not being able to turn off the defending team's ability to use vehicles, there is a way to do it. It's not really an "option", as in "Defense Vehicle Operation: Off" or anything like that, but vehicle operation is a cutom powerup option. Simply put custom powerups on top of all the defending team's spawns and set them to last for 3 minutes.

You would need to make sure the powerups respawn quick, though, because the defending team would need a new powerup for each life.
    ~Jakester1024

7. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

yup thought about doing that but you can only have 4 custom power ups on sandtrap and when the game is best at 6v6 i decided to just leave them out. its rare that the defending team is able to get their hands on a vehicle so it doesn't happen often (out of 4 games that iv done, once a defending team member decided to make a break for it and to run over and pick one up. as soon as he got in the attacking team scored.)

8. jake2k3

jake2k3 Ancient

Huh, I would think a map as big as ST would have more than 4.

Oh well,
    ~Jakester1024

9. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

you would think that, but nope. i also tried making a huge territory around the spawning area of the defenders (not that you would be able to get it but just because inside that territory it would be unable for defenders to use a vehicle but it became very confusing so i decided to get rid of the 2nd larger territory and its back down to 1)