MLG Aiden

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by purely fat, Feb 12, 2012.

1. purely fat

purely fat The Fattest Forger
    Forge Critic Senior Member

AIDEN

[​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello, forge hub, I am some random fat guy with a lame gamertag with six capital "I's" in it. I have been designing and forging maps for some time now, but I never really feel like posting maps because of me being fat and lazy. Unfortunately, I ran out donuts and I am forced to do something other than eating. So, I was like, "HEY! I am going to post a map right now."

Well, about the map. This map started when I wanted to have a prisoner styled central atrium in the quarry. So, I started drawing, and never really came up with anything I thought would be fat and broken. This made me have to go back to the drawing board. I came up with another idea of forging fast paced asymmetric map for team slayer that was base around team shooting. That idea never really flourished until one day I was thinking about circular flow and cross map shooting, everything began to become fat and broken, and there was peace in my fridge.

Weapon:

4 DMR's 10 sec
    1 pistol 60 sec
    1 PP 30
    2 sets of frags
    2 sets of plasmas
    1 Sniper 118 sec drop spawn
    1 GL 118 sec drop spawn
    2 Health packs

Pics:

P.S. Shout out to Scooby and the Gang.

#1 purely fat, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

Definitely enjoyed my game or so on this a few nights ago. The map definitely lives up to your team-shooting thing, because I was actually sitting back being a team player rather than a lone wolf, which is intensely rare for me. And yeah, great job.

Also, I feel sorry for you having to put up with Xzample and Seven and all the crap they give you. :p

3. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

This is a very nice asym. I still don't think it has enough depth for the map, but it has enough to support 4v4 (probably greater for 2v2). Regardless, it is decently balanced and callouts as well as orientation are pretty good on here, except a couple areas are confusing to call out.

Can't wait to see that forgotten asym to be released too.

Btw, to make the thumbnail show up, preview the post first and then add the direct link. For some reason, it only works the 2nd time, for me at least.

#3 Korlash, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  4. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

My personal favorite of all of your completed projects. An all around great map, that is competitive and fun to play.

Not much bad things could be said about this map. If you are a fan of fast-paced, strategic, team-oriented gameplay, then this map should be a welcome addition to your library.

#4 xzamplez, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  5. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

This is the asym you showed me awhile back right? Very sexy.
    Btw, we don't use the MLG tag anymore... Too many people refuse to look at good maps because of it. :p

6. Hulter

Hulter ^Raindear

Looking pretty fat. Make sure not to eat it.

Doesn't matter as long as the good forgers, the ones from MLG that is, still check it out, right?

Ok, ok, just kidding.

But hey, Tyrant, it is looking really nice.

7. lglize420

lglize420 Promethean

this map is sexy as hell. very exited to download nd try out, ill let u kno more then. well downloading now, ill try to get a game on it 2moro, but this is the most exited i have been to try out a map in a while, if the gameplay is as good as people are saying, nd the asthetics are as nice as the pics make them look, this will be a winner. good job

hey btw, how did u get so many downloads already? just trying to figure out some ways of getting a maps name out there besides forgehub, u seem to have had a big fanbase for this b4 posting

#7 lglize420, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  8. WALDO the lemon

WALDO the lemon Legendary

You have tidied this map up so well I think I just spilt my coffee.

Have you managed to get many/any games on this yet. I want to hear how it went in Hill after the changes you made.

Looking slick Big Boy.

9. SaltyKoala

SaltyKoala Ancient

One of my favorite maps form you tyrant. Solid ascetics, Unique layout and great game play! Although i have yet to play a 4v4 on the map, the 2v2 i did play, played at a steady pace with team shooting and team strategy(Pinching) being vital for the success of our team. Lone wolf crap wont work on this one.

Excellent map tyrant and I urge everyone to not only give this one a download but to run some customs on it as well!

10. unoverrated

unoverrated Legendary

Pics or fake.

Nice Map is Nice Map.

11. purely fat

I am to lazy to multi-quote everyone ,but thank you for all your feedback and compliments so far.

12. Mynx

Mynx Overzealous

Will definitely have to DL when I get home, from the screenshots it looks cleanly forged and creative. I love your use of struts (can't resist 'em) and your platform y walls are really interesting.

You know it's MLG when XL platforms line the walls. Lol.

This^

13. Beautiful Hell

Beautiful Hell Promethean

First of all I loved the map. I love the walls and your use of the struts. However it needs a kill zone at the top. I was just playing slayer with a few friends and it was going great until everyone found out you could escape and then they were all jet-packing out to pinnacle. I also feel the rock in the center could be a tad bit smaller. Other than that great map! =)

14. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

This map is designed for MLG, which does not have jetpack starts. If you want it to support jetpacks, go into forge and spend 1 minute putting a soft kill barrier over it.

The rock is the perfect height and width to block los to a spawn area, otherwise I would agree with you.

15. purely fat

My bad I should have said something about the custom game type link in the opener. Also, I have experimented with the rock quite a bit, and that ended up being the best way to do the rock, but if I ever do come back to this map I will mess with it some more. Other than that, glad you enjoyed.

16. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

I guess now that it's stickied, all the hype for this map is gone now. Awkward enough. It has been a fun asym.

Congratulations on the FHF big guy!

17. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

It sucks that we make so many maps, that even the good ones only get played for a little while. This is definitely one of the better maps from our group of forgers, so hopefully we keep playing this for a while.

18. Hulter

Hulter ^Raindear

It really is. And uhm, Tyrant, youwouldn't mind submitting this in the "library" thing, would you? we need some better stuff in there.

Can this handle splitscreen?

19. purely fat

Reach maps

HeX Reapers and a Chunk like this.
  20. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

If your going to bump your own ancient thread at least put your op in a reasonable state.

purely fat and HeX Reapers like this.