Agony

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by fourfoot1der, Mar 18, 2010.

1. fourfoot1der

fourfoot1der Forerunner

Agony
    This is my first map post here and if I did anything wrong please comment. I am looking for criticism as well as compliments.

Here is the story:
    Start Transmission
    As the squad took up positions outside town hall, the commander gave out positions that would be taken.
    Fowl: "We don't exactly know what we're up against but it is probably just another riot inside. When they come out we'll be readAhhhhhhh!!!!!"
    Conrad: What the Ahhhh!!
    Ghost: "Fall back, Fall Back, these things are killing us. Run for it!!!"
    *Screaming, shouting, and bullets are heard in the backround.*
    Ghost: "All men, follow me to survive." (HINT HINT)
    Roach: "I'll take point, I know the city well. The lab which is left of the L4D Post Office has a Sentinel Beam capable of terrifying damage. Let's open this thing up Ahhhh!!
    Ghost: Head around the back! There must be another entrance! GrrAhhh!!!!
    End Transmission

That's the story. Anyway, here are some pictures, I'll have some more up later. Please check it out though.

[​IMG]
    Gas Station
    [​IMG]
    Overview
    [​IMG]
    Ghost: "Fall back, Fall Back, these things are killing us. Run for it!!!"
    [​IMG]
    You have been left 4 dead. Candy if you get the reference.
    [​IMG]
    Ready Up
    [​IMG]
    I know effects aren't visually appealing, but when it's dark, you can't see as well and it gives the scared effect.

Here are the download links:
    Gametype:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Map:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 fourfoot1der, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. E inglourious 3

E inglourious 3 Ancient

I like the column and arches aesthetically.

Using tin cups on top of the stone platform towers is an interesting choice, but I would suggest replacing them with merged powerups. Maybe a camo for blue, OV for red and custom for yellow.

I can't see evidence that you know how to interlock, which is slightly worrisome. The aesthetics look fine and it is a simple enough design that this is not bad for this map, but in general I would look up guides if I were you to learn how.

Also, I do not understand why there is a red column "4" on top of the wall ceiling. In addition, the tube y-intersection looks off. I do not know if this is on purpose for the radio antennae.

3. Toastman 500

Toastman 500 Forerunner

For your first post I think you did, although I don't know if I should be talking because I've only had 4 posts. But the map looks promising, I recommend reading forging 101 and then doing a v2.

4. fourfoot1der

fourfoot1der Forerunner

Thanks for the comments.
    Addressing your concerns...
    The 4 is supposed to be a reference to Left 4 Dead since it is a zombie map.
    The Y-intersection is messed up because the tubes do not intersect well because of the shapes.
    I will learn how to interlock.