Agamemnon Speedway

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Hydrogen x Pi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Hydrogen x Pi

Hydrogen x Pi Promethean

Hi, new member here with my first Forge map. Although I am relatively new at Forge, I am not a new map maker, as I dabbled in Half-Life 1 & 2 editing for many years. My first attempt is The Agamemnon Speedway. I wanted a massive track, and to that end I completely exhausted my Forge budget, which explains why a few parts of the map are a little barren. Still, I think it came out OK. Parts of the map are treacherous, and you will definitely need a light foot (or thumb) in a couple places. Download with the the Agamemnon Speedway gametype, or just change your options to allow for a half-hour of play, as it should take you at least that long to finish three laps. Please let me know what you think and, if you like it, recommend it to your friends as this took me a good couple of months to make. I would love to see replays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Hydrogen x Pi, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. Southern

Southern Forerunner

I'm guessing the lack of detail is due to budget, but it looks like it'll play great. Did you enter it in The Fast and The Forge?

3. Hydrogen x Pi

Hydrogen x Pi Promethean

I just entered it in the contest, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Yes, the moderate lack of detail is due to budget constraints. Budget at the end = 0, and nearly every piece is essential.

4. Southern

Southern Forerunner

You're welcome. I just looked at the submission thread, and there's only 4 entries, so odds are pretty good. The only thing is that since you had to sacrifice aesthetics for gameplay, the judges may hit on that. I think it's a great map, and half an hour can lead to lots of epic moments on the track.