Sandbox Aerial Grifball

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Battle Pony, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

Nothing too complex, just figured I would make a grifball arena in mid-air, with an obvious twist. I hope you enjoy. Here's the link to the map

THERE IS A NEW VERSION, TO SEE IT REDIRECT HERE

[​IMG]

(Please note that it is recommended to set the bomb respawn time lower, just in case it falls off the ledge)

#1 Battle Pony, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. Arbacca

Arbacca Ancient

Looks like a good idea, but I'm not too sure how well it would work...
    Those Gravity Hammers would have everyone thrown off the edge immediately. For a v2, you should consider just several holes, it would probably play much better than platforms.

3. Arvas

Arvas Ancient

well, this seems kind of silly, sorry to say but this map seems like it would be chaotic, I mean honestly think about it...

Hammers + Platforms = Death = Failure

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but it could be polished a little more. Make a V2 with less platforms and more holes

4. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

I agree with you in some cases. Maybe, if you built walls all around it. So that the only way for you to fall to your death would be if you fall in a hole.
    Also, the floating platforms are a bit of an overkill. Maybe if you make holes the primary focus, and not platforms, it would play better, if you know what I mean.
    So here's what I think you should do
    1:Build a border
    2:Wherever there is floor, switch to a pit (so you can fall into it)
    3:Wherever there is a pit, switch to floor (so you can walk on it)
    think about that for a second.

5. lefty0904

lefty0904 Ancient

yea so many people would die on this map. the bomb carrier would have to worry about falling through while he was trying to get around the other team. it would just be too hard. I agree with the people that are saying just put holes. and add borders. also some of the plays in grifball rely on the scenery, so if its just completely open its going to make the game boring.

6. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I was under the impression that Grifball courts were completely and utterly blank.

7. lefty0904

lefty0904 Ancient

thats not what im saying...people that play grifball on foundry bounce off the top ledges and stuff like that. They use the walls.

8. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Isn't that like saying players relied on superbounces to win matches in Halo 2? And that fixing that bug destroyed their tactic?

9. lefty0904

lefty0904 Ancient

Ummm...no? there are actual launch plays in grifball, where the bomb carrier's teammates launch the bomb carrier over the other team and onto the bomb plant thing, and they usually hit that top wall and fall right onto it. its not a glitch

10. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I wasn't saying it was a glitch. I was comparing it to a glitch, for sure, but that's not the point of a comparison.

11. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Yeah, doesn't stop you from being able to do it this in griffball. You don't need to hit the top wall, once you play griffball in sandbox, you'll reallize there's nothing like that.

Anyways, on topic. The map will have people dying left and right. Consider taking out some of the holes.

2/5

12. Forge|Designer|C13

Can you post some pics on here please?