Advanced Video Capture Guide

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Penguinish, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Black Magic Intensity Shuttle is indeed an external capture card, however, it runs on USB 3.0. I'm almost 100% sure you, I, nor he can run a USB 3.0 card on their computer as our processors cannot handle it.

2. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

ah ok then thanks sir.

3. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

So I have everything hooked up correctly (well, I don't have A/V splitters for the audio, but I have one for video; so I just hear things off of my computer and play off my TV). I have my settings on low quality capturing, but I have a big problem. When I am finished capturing things, everything goes wrong; the video will play incredibly fast and the audio will play at a normal speed, lag will happen, etc... Anyone got any way to fix this?

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Computer specs?

5. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Windows Vista (Dell...I know...make fun of me later :p )

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 duo CPU @ 2.20GHZ
    System: 32-bit operating system
    got 21 GB left on my hard drive
    2GB RAM

6. Baalin911

Baalin911 Forerunner

I have a question... I use a dazzle DVC 100 HD capture card and my quality still looks like absolute garbage. It came with pinnacle studio 14 and here's an example video of my quality YouTube - ‪Trickers Ep. 9 - Out of tempest [In Matchmaking]‬‏ now here's an example of someone elses YouTube - ‪Dazzle DVC 100 S-Video Test (Absolute Best Quality!!) - Read Description For Tutorial‬‏ I've messed around with settings many times but my quality just looks like junk... and I can't improve it at all...and I've watched so many tutorials

Any suggestions other than me buying a PVR finally? X-D

7. Tallt66

Tallt66 The Joker

Here is another option for some of you who are wanting to capture video from your Xbox. Some digital camcorders have built into them as a bonus feature an on-the-fly capture ability. The model I have is the Sony DCR-TRV20...

[​IMG]

How it works is the analog output that you hook to your TV doubles as an input back into the camera. If you simply turn on the camera, make sure the feature is enabled in the menu, connect your Xbox to the cables on the camera, and then hook your camera up to your PC via fire wire, you can capture HQ video on the fly just like a capture card. You don't even need a tape. So take a look and see if your old digital camcorder can do this too.

8. brycegrit

brycegrit Promethean

When my hdpvr broke i bought a dazzle dvc100 and had nothing but problems in recording gameplay into my computer and don't recommend buying it. I would take the extra step and get a black magic intensity pro or a hdpvr. The more money you spend into your capture card the more satisfied you will be. That of course being if your not getting ripped off by the person selling it.

9. Fenix Hulk

Fenix Hulk Ancient

Pinnacle has always been garbage. I have wasted to much money on their products in the past.