Advanced Guide to Respawns

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Matty, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

I have been getting some rep from this thread on random occasions.

I did not make this, Devinish did, i deserve no rep for it!

Devinish i increased the font on your name in the title. People should read it now.

+ Rep to you for this. I can't believe i havn't already.

2. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

Thanks. Myself and Draw the Line are starting another version, so look out for it in the coming months.

Ak Gumby and TDH like this.
  3. FrenchFries 12

FrenchFries 12 Ancient

WOW, this is very complex. Nice Job, I can't even imagine how much effort you put into this.

4. Wu pmouse

Wu pmouse Ancient

lol i felt like i had to read bcuz earlier 2day i was having trouble spawns and starts with an asymetric/slayer map im makin, but i fixed it now lol

5. Julenissen666

Julenissen666 Ancient

I think I understand it XD

6. Trevor

Trevor Ancient

The topic was helpful to understand respawns.

7. sangheili dude

sangheili dude Ancient

This must of taken a long while to work out, very useful especilly for people who just put random spawns everywhere

8. wertise

wertise Ancient

This is VERY BERRY confusing but I think I got a concept of it. Anyways but is there a way to make SPECIFIC players (such as infected players) spawn in SPECIFIC Spawn points?

9. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

If you put a respawn area over all of the spawn points aside from one, assuming the rest of the points are in the play area, and that one spawn point is not easy to camp, then yes.

This will work because the enemies will be in the area giving it a negative weight, and also your deaths will influence it, leaving only one logical point to spawn the player.

This IS DANGEROUS THOUGH, because if the humans can get to the spawn point and camp it, it could be bad news.

Stratigon13 likes this.
  10. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

This guide is so helpful +rep devinish. (no wonder none of my spawns worked i never used respawn areas.

11. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

There's a lot of really useful information here! It's too much for my mind to grasp. Good job Devinish. I'll keep studying.

12. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

A lot of maps coming through the Testers Guild have been having trouble with Spanws. That's been the most common fault with the maps, weather Testers point it out or the map creators ask for help with.

So I'm bringing this back into the light of day to help some of the new forgers get a better light on the subject.

13. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

omg i just looked at this whole thread,and it helped me out so much,That is one of the only things that i couldn't figure out in halo and i want to thank you for posting thhis thread

14. mChucks

mChucks Ancient

This is brilliant. Thank you so much. I've been wondering about all of this.

15. Matrix React

Matrix React Ancient

I'm sorry, I'm still having trouble with this. I need to have spawn areas and then place my respawn points in them? Also, if I'm just doing a slayer game, and I'm designating a base for both the defenders and attackers, should I have the spawn points I want for them as Defender and Attackers, or leave them neutral? I guess I'm confused by the neutral. If I have all respawn areas as neutral, will enemies spawn behind you?

16. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Generally, you have the respawn points within the bases as attacker/defender and the respawn areas in the bases as attacker or Defender as well. All the rest should be nuetral.

17. Matrix React

Matrix React Ancient

Thank you. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

18. IRoboto

IRoboto Ancient

I've got a question.

Will The spawns work if only the "start spawns" and the re-spawn areas are the only spawning opportunities on the map? So there are no standard spawns.

19. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

No, you will be spawned in the "safety spawns" on the map, which you really have no control over.

20. ducky buddy

ducky buddy Ancient

I already had known everything about respawning just wanted to say very good guide, very descriptive.=)