Advanced Floating

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 10, 2007.

1. notsocoolxp

notsocoolxp Ancient

Cool. I've been looking for a simple single player alternative to floating objects. Thanks ^-^.

2. Dr0p Dead Nick

Dr0p Dead Nick Ancient

3. Soviet Skibum

Soviet Skibum Ancient

Must... create... giant slide!!

4. boggybill

boggybill Ancient

I've tried this out with a crate and it can sustain weapon fire but if I go near it it falls ontop of me. I placed the object save and quit and it falls every time. It would really help if anybody could explain it easier or make a video tutorial. Thanks for all the info and glitches in forge, I made many outstanding maps using these tequniques

5. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

There are certain objects that are immovable after floating. Everything else falls to the ground if touched. Here's the list of immovable objects:

• Sender, Receiver, and Two-Way Teleporters
    • Weapon Holders
    • Machine Gun and Plasma Turrets
    • Custom, Overshield, and Active Camo Power-ups
    • Single/Double Boxes (including open variations)
    • Walls, Double Walls, Wall Corners
    • Fence Walls and Boxes
    • Bridges
    • ‘A’ and ‘B’ Signs
    • Doors and Window Panels
    • Man Cannons
    • Gametype Objectives (Hill Markers, Goal Points, etc.)
    • Respawn Points, Starting Points, and Respawn Areas

There may be more, but I can't remember right now.

6. Neskyre

Neskyre Ancient

I got the same problems, are there map restrictions? Because I tried it in Sandtrap using a crate and a fusion coil, both of them dropped.

7. XERAXES

XERAXES Ancient

Aah, this can be EXTREMELY useful in the new maps when using boxes and bridges.

8. sheepdog136

sheepdog136 Ancient

ok thank you so much with the help for the sheild doors truedark! and sorry i wont message you again :squirrel_nono:

9. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

If you need help with forge, leave TDF alone... he has too many things to do as the Founder. I am the community guy that helps people out with their stuff. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

10. Darkleathal12

Darkleathal12 Ancient

Being a total nOOb, I have two questions:
    • Is there a way to do this without turning off the console, or popping the disk out
    • How do you line up teleporters under the object without bumping it
    Thanks

11. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

You DO NOT need to turn off your console. The concept of "save & quit" simply refers to "Saving Changes" in the start menu, and then "Ending Game" from the same start menu. Thus puts you back in the lobby, from which you can start another forge session with your saved changes.

Hope this helps. Reply here if you still have questions. I will be on and off FH throughout the weekend.

12. Sagan

Sagan Ancient

Is this the complete list? Or is there anything else......

13. icedemon

icedemon Ancient

that is very time consuming. do u have to start a new round or end the game completely to make it stay up.

14. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Save, and then End game. Starting a new round does not work.

15. SuperWhiteeMHF

SuperWhiteeMHF Ancient

I dont know if this is completely relevant, but i have thought up a new little map application that uses the "floating" idea(im definately not saying i am the first to think of it, i just havent seen it on forgehub yet, and feel it should be somewhere). I made a floating machine gun turret that has an instant respawn rate, but... theres a fusion coil falling on it so that there is a constant rainfall of turretes to be used by the players on the floor. :) i find that this adds a little fun to the game because it adds a new weapon to the mix, the only problem is that there is a lot of trash(the tripod base) sitting around in one big pile. If you forge it right, the turrets will fall into a desired place without fail, and the trash will fall into a separate desired pile.

16. TheExtremeWays

TheExtremeWays Ancient

Some of the newer maps people have been making have had some of the best floating objects i've seen.

17. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

That would be cool, except for the fact that those turrets will disappear after a minute or two if not picked up.

Perhaps find a way to have the turrets distributed evenly throughout the map (4 per turret, so 8 max) AND prevent them from falling in the same place every time. Otherwise you will have people camp near the turrets.

--dc

18. SuperWhiteeMHF

SuperWhiteeMHF Ancient

yeah, there are a lot of flaws to it, but if you just so happen to find the perfect place for it while messing around on forge, more power to you. i mainly use it as an event location where humans can be safe from zombies(kinda like a checkpoint on the game, before a new better place opens up). It also can be used in games where: ex)the objecive is not to kill, but to race, and its just a way to stun another team. or: ex) if you are purposely overpowering one team so that the game stays alive(games with objective items, like ctf). Its not for every map, but it is some sweet icing on the cake

19. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Yes, this is definitely not impossible. Kudos to you if you can make it useful in either a fun or competitive map.

20. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

Thank you, I found this quite useful