Acropolis

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by American10, Jun 15, 2008.

?

What would you rate this map?

1. This should get featured!

42.7%
  2. awesome

20.7%
  3. great

14.6%
  4. good

9.8%
  5. alright

6.1%
  6. horrible

6.1%
  1. American10

American10 Ancient

By the way you have the old version,the spawn points are fixed.There is 2 ways out,if you read the post! it shows how to get out of it and how to get in the cellar.So maybe you should start reading posts and make sure you dont have the old version.In this one nobody found nothing wrong and we had 1880 dls and they all said it was great.

2. mitona

mitona Ancient

{{{{{[9]}}}}}

Random Comment From Me
    i remember playing this with you and evan
    my eyes burn with excitement

Map
    - the temples are truly extravagant
    - dungeon eats noobs alive
    - original teleporter on the sides
    - geo-glitched and interlocked awesomeness

spawns

- neutral and team spawn points are perfect
    - sniper towers are epic

negatives
    none good job

3. American10

American10 Ancient

Thanks mitona but if you didnt you need to download this one because it has enhanced spawn placement and no flame grenades.

4. Firetag

Firetag Ancient

lol sorry I'll play test it again and give it another review I am VERY sorry.

5. American10

American10 Ancient

Ok i think it plays good with 4v4 on territories is the best.

6. Paliut1992

Paliut1992 Ancient

i think this an oustanding and ingenius map i have to admit this is really good

7. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

this map pack in gonna be sexy!

8. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ok i just played this map again, American. I like how you've established a big map with it's own environment. however, the one thing that i really didnt like was the lack of long range weapons. Not sniper rifles or anything, but i couldn't find ANY Brs, i found a carbine once... so adding a couple more BRs or Carbines could definitely help. Another thing with the weapons that i didnt like was the shotgun. The shotgun was sooo overpowering. you should lower the ammo in the shotgun so it cant provide endless killing sprees. i had 3 killing sprees from the shotgun. but all in all it's a pretty good map that could use some tweaks.

9. American10

American10 Ancient

THere is 2 brs read the post.There inside the houses.Btw i didnt want long range weapond because the map is really open and there are a lot of dominating spots for long range weapons.Trust me ive talked to many admins/good forgers about this and they agreed.Also the shotgun ammo is where i want it.You got to be tactical in those tunnels.
    we mostly wanted that to happen but if that guy walks out with the shotgun hes like a vampire...he gets owned.

10. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

idk man. i know you had BRs in them but i just couldnt ever find them. and the shotgun. i walked out of the tunnels in the open and if you grab the custom powerup with the shotgun, pure ownage. i also got a killing spree without the custom powerup with the shotgun in the open. all i was doing was pointing out stuff i wasn't too sure about man. the map is still pretty good. but like i said. it could still use some tweaks. every map could use some tweaks. next time i play the map i will have to remember the BRs in the houses. oh and sorry but brute captain was right about the teleporters i think. it might just be a coincidence... but they are kinda laggy, or it's my connection. who knows.

11. shadow cawn

shadow cawn Ancient

From what i can see and hear the map is awesome and love how you have the temple thing going on. great map will dl 5/5 :D

My maps-Division and Battle Tower (eventually going to redo after lazy contest)

12. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

So I just dld this map and looked at it. Basically it looks like you but a ton of work into it with tons of geo merging, I kept finding new places to explore in this map aswell. I'm not really sure if I like it too much but you did a good job forging it. 3.5/5

13. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

sorry, but i just hate it when people do that. im not even the maker of the map and im kinda map. your not sure if you like it much? how bout you actually play it before you say that. or at least say im not sure if i like it based on the pics, or based on my forgethrough. usually i give a comment on someones FH page judging from pics, then i come back later after i played it with real feedback. and sorry again that this was a little off topic. but i forgot to mention SirToppumHat in an earlier post. everybody needs to give credit to American as well as SirToppum for a well forging job.

14. American10

American10 Ancient

Its laggy because you shoot through them its just how halos engines work.I do agree every map needs tweaks but these tweaks im not going to take in concideration because they are not important enough for me.

Edit* thank you evan.

15. The Sir Toppum Hat

Thanks Evan. I do agree with American, the problems are too small to worry about and it’s too late to start changing the map. The only thing that I can think of that may make the teleporters seem lagy is how they are positioned in the small sheds. When I say that I mean when you go threw you see a little of the roof and how much you see changes when you get teleported. (If that makes any sense)

16. American10

American10 Ancient

Yea that makes sense to me i know what your talking about.People out there just has to deal with it.If you dont like it take it out on bungie.

17. allergy96

allergy96 Ancient

please cut down on the swearing

18. American10

American10 Ancient

What swearing?If you dont like swearing dont look at this post.But sorry im 18 i think im allowed to cuss if i want.

19. faceplanter7774

faceplanter7774 Ancient

20. damarco

damarco Ancient

I remember this map one of the best maps i played in a long time but i waz testing it with sir toppum hat instead of american10 but still great map this shuld be featured. One of the best competitive maps i have played!!!